DescriptionKronos is seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer V (Lead) capable of integrating into an experienced team responsible for the development, management, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure services and Cloud platform. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced well-rounded infrastructure engineer to be an integral part of an enterprise-scale cloud initiative. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience managing Linux based systems, Infrastructure services and Cloud platforms within large scale customer facing enterprise environments.
• Provide oversight and management of advanced infrastructure services and Cloud platform to meet the organization's current and future requirements.
o Linux based infrastructure services (web, nfs, sftp, DNS, LDAP etc)
o Cloud IaaS, CaaS & PaaS (Google GCP, GKE, etc)
• Serve as team lead to provide guidance to infrastructure engineers and proactively manage systems, identify performance issues proactively and support management.
• Partner with Cloud and Engineering architecture teams to POC emerging technologies and changes to infrastructure and Cloud services
• Build out and oversee services lifecycle for Linux and Cloud services
• Drive teams towards Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps methods
• Reduce overhead of Cloud service support by implementing improved tool sets and leveraging improved technologies (Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.)
• Provide training and mentorship to Cloud team members
• Work within strict time frames and handle escalated incidents within defined timeframes
• Handle off-hour escalations as needed and take part in on call rotation
Qualifications• 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
• Must have at least 8+ years of hands-on experience in large customer facing Cloud environments, 6+ years of experience in supporting Linux based platforms
• 4+ years of experience with Public Cloud Infrastructure services (Google/AWS)
• Expertise in designing and delivering infrastructure services is mandatory
• Hands on experience with bash shell, python, Java and/or other scripting, as well as working with container-based deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• The position requires knowledge of cloud-native technologies as well as knowledge of infrastructure related technologies like DNS, SMTP, SFTP, Security Protocols, Automation and Orchestration (CI/CD)
• Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity
• Ability to communicate effectively emphasizing written and oral presentation skills
• Familiarity with ITIL processes and experience in working within controlled environment would be an advantage
Corporate overviewYou’re empowered when you’re a Kronite. Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspiredKronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Kronos participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here .