The shipping and receiving position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards. Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains files and records of shipping and receiving documents for domestic and international transactions.
- Prepares documentation for shipment of materials, parts, finished goods, and related items.
- Verifies incoming shipments for the appropriate items, damages, record, and sign for shipments.
- Unloads and loads trucks.
- Ensures that all export requirements provided by the Trade Compliance Manager are adhered to.
- Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destinations and routings are correct.
- Verifies that materials received are as ordered in both type and quantity.
- Routes incoming shipments to proper departments or destination.
- Routes MSDS to the appropriate department.
- Ensures ERP is accurate with receiving of P.O.s and Process Work orders.
- Follows Customer or internal Packaging Requirements, including labeling, and packages shipments sufficiently to avoid shipping damage.
- Identifies and reports part discrepancies.
- Uses a forklift truck, hoist, or other material handling equipment.
- Looks for dock safety concerns and when identified, reports them to supervisor.
- Follows all ISO procedures.
Maintains a clean work area and ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.