Are you looking for a career with a dynamic and fun team that values your skills and encourages your continual growth?
Madison Veterinary Specialists (MVS) is seeking a full time Human Resources & Office Assistant to join our growing team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Assist with surfacing candidates through online data mining, social networks and creating partnerships with external agencies, organizations, etc.
- · Facilitate designated position advertisements as assigned, tracking applications and reviewing effectiveness of advertisements.
- · Assist with identifying and performing initial phone interview with candidates in alignment with designated job descriptions.
- · Assist with facilitating the recruitment process including travel and meeting arrangements.
- · Assist with completion of hiring forms and onboarding process for all new team members, including but not limited to:
- Ordering scrubs, business cards, name tags, dosimetry badges
- Working with IT to obtain new email addresses and windows access
- Assist with completion of all work eligibility documentation prior to and/or during orientation.
- Assist operations in facilitating and ensuring functionality for various hospital systems such as but not limited to:
- Work with vendors to trouble shoot telephone, computer and other vital hospital systems as needed.
- Assist with Workers Compensation and FMLA recordkeeping.
- Consistently and reliably be in position and prepared to work at the start of each scheduled shift.
- Competently speak and write the English language.
- Skills and Knowledge: Knowledge of all hospital services, general procedures and operating instructions for appropriately entering information into veterinary software system.
- Practice considerable and appropriate tact, empathy and diplomacy when communicating with employees, clients and primary care veterinarians. Must be able to accurately and confidentially relay information to appropriate parties without promoting gossip and hearsay.
- Follow OSHA standards, and other safety protocols and procedures put in place by MVS.
- Know and use standard medical and business abbreviations and terminology when speaking and writing.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee, clients and patients information. Ability to multi-task and prioritize while maintaining composure in stressful situations is expected.
- Understand and able to converse about the full breadth of services the MVS provides and the species treated.
- Maintain a professional appearance including clean and pressed uniforms or clothes.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Stay current and maintain policies, procedures and schedule by checking your personal and work e-mail, contribute to and/or facilitate weekly staff meeting minutes.
- Able to assist with general office duties as requested; sets example for other team members to follow.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain 15 hours of continuing education in a 2 year period
- Human Resources Bachelor’s or Associates degree or commensurate experience.
- Operational knowledge of HRIS software, prefer experience with Paylocity software.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office products.
- Previous experience with windows based medical recordkeeping software, prefer experience with ImproMed Infinity software.
- Previous experience with scheduling software, prefer experience with Attendance On Demand software.
- Detail oriented.
- Efficient and effective time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Human Resources: 1 year required
- Project Coordination: 1 year preferred