The Mechanical Parts Inspector performs quality inspections per engineering drawings and specifications. Items inspected are primarily machined parts, produced both in-house and by vendors, and vendor supplied materials.
Quality Manager/Plant Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspect machined parts and materials according to design drawings and inspection instructions.
- Document inspection findings in pre-written templates according to customer requirements and as instructed by supervision
- Work with engineering to ensure that all quality requirements and specifications are properly defined.
- Perform projects as assigned by Quality Manager and Plant Manager.
- Assemble product using engineering drawings, work instructions and hand tools as instructed.
REQUIRED SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Proficiency in the use of basic measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gauges etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Basic math skills, adding and subtracting dimensions with tolerances, converting units, working with fractions, etc.
- Perform independent critical thinking to determine measurement methods. This includes deciding what tools to use, and what measurements or combination of measurements to take to check an inspection requirement.
- Ability to use hand tools and fixtures to assemble and test products according to instructions.
- Ability to work well in a group, and as an individual, to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Good communication and oral skills
- Maintain a neat and organized inspection area.
BONUS SKILLS and ABILITIES – PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE OR WILLINGNESS TO LEARN DESIRED
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings for part dimensions and requirements.
- Experience reading and/or writing part specifications.
- Experience with calibration of inspection equipment
- Use of optical comparators, vision systems or coordinate measuring machines (CMM’s)
- Production assembly and/or manufacturing/machining of parts and components.
- Knowledge of or experience working in any Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, Nadcap, AS9100, and/or ISO/TS 16949
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience working in a manufacturing environment, building, assembling, or inspecting products with dimensional requirements. Preferred mechanical inspection and/or machining and/or assembly experience.
About Myat, Inc.:
Myat, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of radio and TV broadcasting equipment with a history of excellence since 1951. Myat also manufactures microwave equipment for industrial heating applications, radar applications, and particle accelerators. We do all design and assembly in our Mahwah, New Jersey headquarters. We support assembly with in-house machining and welding shop capability.
Company size: 30 - 50 Employees