** Full-Time $300 Sign-On Bonus ***
We’re looking for caring people to help the people who live in our homes and participate in our programs. Direct Support Professionals will care for people with disabilities. That could include helping cook meals and other household upkeep, helping participants with personal hygiene and interpersonal skills and transporting them to community events.
Direct Support Professionals do not need any special training before they’re hired, but Goodwill will provide certification trainings upon their hire. There are several levels of this position, which means there is room for growth within Goodwill.
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance offered
- Generous paid time off plan
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounts on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Hourly Wage: $11.50-$15.00 depending on experience
Two full-time positions available, shifts include:
- Position 1: Thursday-Sunday, 11 pm-7 am
- Position 2: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 9 pm-7 am (flexible)
Two part-time positions available, shifts include:
- Position 1: Saturday, 8 am-8 pm; Monday and Friday, 1 pm-9 pm
- Position 2: Two 12-hour shifts, 8am-8pm and one 1-9pm shift (flexible days)
1) Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities.
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipient(s).
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards.
2) Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
3) Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- In accordance with the service plan, serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in areas including, but not limited to, interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities
- Communicates effectively and courteously when dealing with service recipients, parents, guardians and other interested parties.
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipients
- Documents observations concerning group and individual interactions, progress and participation of the service recipient in the approved plan
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards
- Accompanies and transports the individual to appointments, community outings and services
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation and automobile insurance that meets minimum state requirements.
- Criminal background check to meet agency requirements.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Pass Post Offer Physical.
Goodwill Northern New England is an influential social enterprise that creates jobs, delivers needed services for people with diverse challenges, and uses environmentally friendly products and processes — all while earning revenue to pay for and expand innovative workforce services in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Vermont. We operate retail stores, employment services, neuro rehabilitation centers, residences for people needing 24/7 support and cleaning/property services.