Job Title: Property Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Portfolio Management
Reports to: VP-Portfolio Management and Leasing
The individual in this position is responsible for the leadership and management of all aspects of a medical office building portfolio consisting of multiple properties/locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants and property owners.
- Lead building management staff in a manner that results in high tenant satisfaction and retention.
- Anticipate and respond to property owner’s needs and concerns.
- Perform regular inspections of the property. Recommend and direct alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of the property as required.
- Develop, manage, and understand the annual operating budgets, forecasts, monthly performance reports, variance analyses, occupancy and other reports for each property, as required by owner.
- Oversee the collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all required legal notices. Recommend and coordinate legal action as necessary.
- Oversee and approve the calculation of special billings.
- Develop and manage the property-marketing plan including but not limited to tenant relations, community outreach, and advertising to maintain building occupancy.
- Perform leasing sales calls, conduct meetings with prospective tenants (during normal hours and after hours) and negotiating lease provisions.
- Procure and manage vendor service contracts. Ensure proper contract performance, as well as timely review and payment of vendor invoices.
- Lead annual building management staff performance reviews. Help guide and direct future career development.
- Lead and manage tenant improvement construction including developing design documents with tenant and architect, identifying appropriate general contracts, conducting a bid evaluation process and supervising the project.
- Oversee and manage tenant move-in and move-out process.
- Provide leadership and support to building management team.
- Develop, review and maintain life safety programs for each property.
- Develop and oversee the planning, budgeting and implementation of capital expenditures needs.
- Conduct and maintain positive relationships with industry, government and vendor representatives as necessary in the successful management of the property.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents and contracts.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret lease and other real estate documents.
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate others.
- Ability to respond to sensitive issues, complex inquires or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Ability to make effective presentations to a client, prospective client, or internal staff.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage design, construction, and other professionals on tenant improvement and capital projects.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and respectfully.
- Bachelors’ degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Active Virginia Real Estate Salesperson’s license is required. If individual does not have a valid Real Estate license, it must be procured within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must have reliable transportation and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a criminal and credit background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to drive to off-site locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not designed to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee. Those may change at any time. Meadows & Ohly, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Company (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).com