Investing in a career at Kinecta Federal Credit Union simply makes good sense. After all, we’re one of the largest credit unions in California and in the nation. And we’re growing.
•A place where you can spread your wings. Take risks. Do something brilliant.
•A place where community giving is celebrated and where diversity really counts.
•A place that's growing and moving forward. A place with a great future.
•A place for you.
Under general supervision, performs collection activities and follow-up on delinquent consumer, credit card and bankrupt accounts. Handles routine and moderately complex matters. Provides quality member service to all internal/external customers and maintains confidentiality of member accounts and records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the collection of delinquent consumer loans, credit cards, deficiency balances, bankruptcies, charged-off accounts. Course of action includes extensive skiptracing of debtor and/or collateral and evaluation/determination of proper action for the resolution of delinquency. Appropriately recommends field chases, repossessions, legal action, and accounts for charge-off. Handles heavy phone volume including power dialer calls.
- Maintains thorough follow-up of assigned portfolio of accounts to a successful conclusion in compliance with State and Federal regulations pertaining to collections.
- Generates Credit Bureau reports.
- Exhausts all avenues available when resolving delinquent matters.
- Safeguards the assets of the Credit Union through delinquency reduction and loss prevention.
- Uses personal computer to enter and retrieve information.
- Provides member service which includes resolution of account disputes, correction of misapplied payments, processing of payment modification agreements, note modifications, refinancing and consolidation of Credit Union loans and credit cards.
- Provides supervisor with a monthly status report of assigned portfolio account activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of collection of delinquent consumer loans, credit cards, deficiency balances, bankruptcy, charged-off accounts.
Strong interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel.
Ability analyst and solve problems.
Ability to interact with staff, members and others encountered in the course of work.
Ability to learn new information or skills.
Ability to observe and interpret people and situations.
Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks.
Ability to read and interpret financial and statistical data, information and documents.
Ability to use math mathematical reasoning and abstract statistical concepts.
Ability to work under intensive deadlines.
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
High School or equivalent degree.
Minimum of 1-3 years of loan adjustment experience.
Experience as outlined may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Employee must adhere to all compliance regulations in the strictest manner during the performance of their job duties.Company Description
Kinecta Federal Credit Union is one of the nation's leading Credit Unions, with more than $4 billion in assets and serving over 285,000 member-owners across the country.
From the beginning, we have helped our members fulfill their dreams. In 1940, Hughes Aircraft Employees Federal Credit Union was an idea born from a simple inconvenience: employees of the Hughes Aircraft Company were spending too much lunchtime driving downtown to handle their finances. So why not start a credit union, right there at the plant?
“I went to Mr. Hughes’ office in Hollywood and talked to his secretary Nadine. I gave her all the facts and Mr. Hughes said, ‘Sure. Start the Credit Union. Just keep my name clean. I don't want anything funny going on.’ I said, you can be sure of that. And Hughes Credit Union was born.”
- Lou Merandi, Credit Union Founder & Hughes Aircraft Chief Tool Designer, 1937-1981
In October 1940 a United States government charter was issued to establish the Credit Union. Each of the 12 founders deposited $5 to make the Credit Union's total assets $60. Membership cost 25 cents and the maximum loan amount was $200. We launched our name change to Kinecta Federal Credit Union in July 2001, after serving our members proudly as Hughes Aircraft Employees Federal Credit Union for more than 60 years.
As we continue to expand our position as a leader in the financial services industry our Kinecta name and logo represent our continued commitment to delivering unequalled value to the members-owners of Kinecta Federal Credit Union. Our promise: Every aspect of our organization, from our employees, to our communications, to our products and services, sets standards of excellence by remembering that our business is serving our members. And we’re committed to doing that better than anybody.