POSITION/TITLE: Vice President / Team Lead
This position will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and is a key member of the investment team, Credit Committee. With a focus on deal sourcing, execution, this position will be a key contributor to the performance of the emerging markets credit strategy and act as lead for a team of credit Analysts and Associates in one of TriLinc’s target regions and/or asset classes.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth plans.
- Represent TriLinc in a manner that is consistent with our purpose, mission, vision and values.
- Support Executive Management on issues related to company strategy, financial management and key business imperatives.
- Actively support the culture of accountability for execution and results.
General Investment Team Responsibilities
- Serve as a non-voting member of TriLinc’s Investment Committee (IC).
- Serve as a voting member of TriLinc’s Credit Committee (CC).
- Assist the Head of Credit (HOC) and CIO as needed.
- Investment Partner Management:
- Responsible for TriLinc’s investment partner sourcing and due diligence process, including evaluation of credit (underwriting, monitoring and position-level past performance) and operational processes and capabilities for assigned region.
- Management of TriLinc’s investment partner relationships on an ongoing basis to monitor adherence to investment partner-stated credit quality standards and provide suggestions for process improvement as needed.
- On an ongoing basis, responsible for the review and monitoring of credit processes of assigned investment partner firms, including participation in investment partner investment committees, as necessary.
- Pipeline Management:
- Responsible for deal team’s work with investment partners to assess appropriate investment pipeline that meets TriLinc’s credit risk and impact investment return requirements;
- Responsible for deal sourcing outside of existing investment partner relationships, as necessary.
- For assigned loan book:
- Examine assigned deal team’s credit files regularly for assurance of credit and collateral documentation, regulatory compliance, and loan policy conformance; review technical exceptions and deficiencies; maintain reports of continued outstanding exceptions to senior management.
- Review, bottom-up investment analysis and position-level performance in support of overall portfolio performance objectives.
- Submit quarterly bottom-up portfolio-wide valuation analysis to the TriLinc Valuation Committee.
- Conduct analysis and report recommendations regarding the need for and/or adequacy of any potential impairment to CIO and HOC for CC and IC discussion.
- Responsible for their deal team’s work on periodic reports, including:
- Quarterly Valuation Materials
- Investment Memoranda/ Credit Committee Memoranda
- Annual Investment Partner Review Memoranda
- Various other loan portfolio metrics reports (past due, concentrations of credit, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year institution, preferably in finance, statistics, mathematics, accounting, economics, computer science, engineering, physics or similar quantitative discipline, plus formal commercial credit training or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree (masters or doctorate) in economics, finance and/or business administration a plus.
- CRC, CBA/CBF/CCE, CFA, CAIA professional designation a plus.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in bank lending, loan review or other similar investment related role, with a preference for at least 2 years of experience of underwriting and credit analysis in emerging markets/developing economies.
- Experience in evaluating loan covenants that mitigate credit risks and remedies for exceptions.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Passion for our mission to create positive impact.
- Must have strong credit skills, with private credit and Asset Backed Lending (ABL) knowledge a plus.
- Ability and willingness to identify and develop key local market relationships.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of regression analysis.
- Must have strong technical skills.
- Must have knowledge/ability to use all MS Office Suite products. Must have working knowledge of proprietary or purchased database management programs.
- Interest in socio-economic development and knowledge of emerging market investing a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries.
- Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to senior management and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to work across cultures, communicate with colleagues in different time zones and be an effective team player.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.