We are seeking an Estimator to join our team!
The Estimator is responsible for developing cost estimates on projects under direct supervision for construction as required by clients’ documents.
- Review construction design drawings & specifications gathers all material and data necessary to determine scope of work and organize a construction Quantity take off.
- Creates and Executes detailed quantity take-offs based on project scope.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
- Informs the immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Develops and maintains resource information for estimating database on current pricing, products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc. through direct contact.
- Prepares and organize material takeoffs for transition to Chief Estimator.
- Develops the scope of work for sub-contractors.
- Ability to properly manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to consistently meet bid deadlines
Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in Construction Estimating with a proven track record of accuracy, and efficiency
- MUST HAVE GROUND UP NYC EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of the NYC Construction and Design environment
- Ability to work within a team structure, as well as independently
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business technology (Microsoft Office and Estimating) skills
- Availability to work extended hours as required by project schedules or urgent circumstances
- U.S. Residency Required
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Hudson Meridian Construction Group (HM) is a leading construction services firm offering a unique combination of construction expertise. Ranked among New York City's Top 100 Contractors and among the nation's Top 400 firms, HM is recognized as an award-winning construction manager involved in both new construction and restoration of residential, cultural, and public sector projects ranging from public housing and new luxury residential high-rises to adaptive re-use of industrial buildings. HM is also active in the field of health and continued care, marine, and educational facilities. Other areas of construction include commercial offices, retail/hospitality, and transportation.