The Halal Guys restaurant group is looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. Back of the house management experience is also essential as you will set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations. We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
At The Halal Guys, we’ve created something Different: the best place to eat and work. For over 28 years The Halal Guys Family has brought great food and a family environment to the streets of New York City. Just like our motto says…We Are Different, and we want to show you why and how.
Would you like the opportunity to join our amazing family?
What’s in it for you?
A great environment to work in
Paid lunch & breaks
Full time opportunities
Opportunities for advancement
What we’re looking for:
An Restaurant Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited too:
- Maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals
- You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
At The Halal Guys
Our Mission is:
To delight each of our customers with unparalleled hospitality and mouthwatering food at great prices.
Our Vision is:
To be the dominant and best American Halal Food Restaurant in the world.
If that sounds like something you would like to be a part of, apply today.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like Aloha and Revel
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
Job Type: Full-timeCompany Description
From humble beginnings as a New York City hot dog cart to a world-renowned international restaurant chain, The Halal Guys story is the quintessential American Dream. The Halal Guys is defining a new, thriving segment for the restaurant industry: American Halal Food!
The Halal Guys legend began in 1990, when the three founding partners opened up a hot dog cart on West 53rd & 6th Avenue in New York City. As business grew, they recognized a huge demand from Muslim cab drivers looking for a halal food meal. That is when the famous platter of chicken and gyro over rice was born. And let’s not forget about the famous white and red sauces!
Fast-forward 25 years, five carts, two New York City restaurants, and millions of diverse customers served, The Halal Guys is growing yet again. Fans no longer have to be in NYC to experience The Halal Guys as they look to share American Halal Food all over the country and the world.