Job Opportunity: ADMINISTRATIVE MEDICAL ASSISTANT
The Crown Health mission was born from the desire to meet the primary care needs of elderly patients in the places where they reside. Many elderly patients can't leave their home to seek proper primary care services due to co-morbid conditions. Most would be unable to achieve proper medical treatment if it wasn't for the compassionate practitioners, medical assistants and ancillary staff at Crown Health. Collectively, our group at Crown Health have served over 8,000 patients in the local community since inception in 2013. The rapidly increasing number of "baby-boomers" entering elderly care communities has driven the need for Crown Health to expand services while partnering with local teaching hospitals to configure better methods of care delivery. Value-based models have been designed and implemented that will better support "Population Health" initiatives while issuing seniors more accessible preventative healthcare options.
Due to sustained growth, Crown Health is in search of mission minded Practitioners and Medical Assistants who want to be a part of something greater than themselves. For the right fit, there is a lot of opportunity to move up the ladder in this role as we are a revolutionary clinic that is growing rapidly. We are currently in search of a full-time Administrative Medical Assistant for our mobile Geriatric/Adult Primary Care Practice. This is an In-Office position located at the Crown Health Head Quarters in Maple Valley, WA. All of our CMAs love what they do. They are HUGE assets to our practitioners and our patients. We treat all of our CMAs with the utmost respect as they are part of the Crown Health family.
Job description for Administrative Medical Assistant role (permanent):
· Work in Dyad with two separate primary care practitioners
· Provide indirect patient care by utilizing electronic platforms such as computer, phone and fax to vulnerable patients in the greater Puget Sound area. **This role is a supportive role in that you will be providing patient assistance and care remotely via electronic platforms and will not be delivering direct patient care. You'll be a integral part of taking care of these patients. There will be opportunity for rounding on some of these patients out in the community once you've been fully trained and the infrastructure is built to support it.
· Utilize an electronic fax system
· Utilize a comprehensive EHR
· Correspond with caregivers, power of attorneys, nurses and other community constituents in effort to support well-rounded care for vulnerable populations.
· Play an intricate role in helping provide vulnerable populations with the services they desperately need to have comfort and a good quality of life.
Requirements of the Job:
· Fluency in Medical Terminology
· Be able to read, write and speak fluent English, but be able to understand people who speak English as a second language.
· Be able to multitask in a fast paced office environment.
· Have fluency in using comprehensive EHRs
· Have fluency in using Microsoft word and office platforms
· Be able to type at 30-60wpm
· Have fluency in navigating between electronic platforms
· Be able to assist in maintaining compliance standards
· VERY IMPORTANT, be able to be kind, cordial and caring on the phone with community constituents and care givers who might not always have the friendliest approach.
· Be professional and remain professional in situations with high emotion
· Certified Medical Assistant with 2 progressive years of experience working in a fast paced office setting
· Certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
· 3 professional references
Job Type: Full-time, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour
Check out our website