The job of a Tech IV was established to provide support and Total Productive Maintenance for the VSC. A Tech IV will provide maintenance services and assistance in maintenance activities where needed and/or assigned. Services will be focused in assisting with facility wide functions such as PM's, Breakdowns, Repairs, Projects, etc.
- Provide advanced programming, troubleshooting, and improvement support for the VSC's automated systems. To include all PLC's, VFD's, scanners, communication modules, HMI's, etc.
- Serve as lead technician that will provide training and support for all other technicians, including new hires.
- Installation, PM, and repair of advanced system components such as PLC's, AC drives, DC drives, HMI's, scanners, ASCII converters, communication modules, encoders, etc.
- To insure assigned department(s) are maintained per guidelines set by the management team. This may include routine checks and scheduled audits to verify PM's and associated work orders have been completed.
- Create, allocate, and audit work orders for your assigned Department(s).
- To engage in continuous improvement activities to insure PM's and associated work orders are sufficient to sustain good working order for assigned department(s).
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing assets as needed using operation manuals, drawings, manufacturers specifications and applicable building/electrical codes.
- Responsible for Safe, reliable and efficient operation of all machinery and equipment. Including, but not limited to, clearing faults, jams, crashes, etc.
- Log any necessary data for required reports pertaining to analysis, errors, and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all conveyors. To include replacing items such as; bearings, chains, sprockets, motors, reducers, wheels, photosensors, Variable Frequency Drives, Human Machine Interfaces, Programmable Logic Controllers, communication modules, scanners, I/O modules, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Automatic Storage and Retrieval cranes. To include replacing items such as; bearings, chains, sprockets, motors, reducers, wheels, photosensors, Variable Frequency Drives, Human Machine Interfaces, Programmable Logic Controllers, communication modules, laser modules, I/O modules, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the Automatic Sorter. To include replacing items such as; bearings, trays, tilt elements, carriage, Variable Frequency Drives, Human Machine Interfaces, Programmable Logic Controllers, communication modules, scanners, I/O modules, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of general functions of the Fire Safety Monitoring System. Such as performing system test and reports, maintenance for the pump and generator, replacing riser valves, sprinkler heads, calibration, etc.
- Responsible for all assigned PM's.
- Responsible for acquiring the necessary level of understanding of the HK system software and WonderWare in order to safely and effectively operate, maintain and repair the VSC equipment.
- Install, PM and repair of dock doors, locks, levelers, chocks, lights, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of facility lights, fixtures, ballast, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of facility plumbing such as sinks, toilets, faucets, ice machines, garbage disposals, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of various plant equipment such as bailers, cardboard conveyors, heat seal machines, tape machines, staplers, pallet jacks, etc.
- To safely and effectively use and maintain facility and Maintenance Department vehicles such as the pickup truck, dump truck, tractor, loader, scissor lifts, boom lifts, fork lifts, etc.
- To assist as needed in the VSC Lift Truck and Battery program. Such as general maintenance for any lift vehicles, towing disabled or stuck vehicles, changing and watering batteries, maintaining battery changing equipment, etc.
- Assembly, repair or relocation of office furniture and equipment.
- Responsible for plant snow and ice removal.
PM, and repair of snow removal equipment.
- 2 Year Degree: A.A.S. or A.E. in Electrical & Instrumentation, Electronics, Mechatronics, or Applied Engineering & Design.
- 2 years relevant Maintenance experiencerequired; 4 years preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in troubleshooting and repair of automated systems such as conveyors, storage and retrieval systems, and tilt sorters, preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with basic hand tools.
- Experience with PLC setup, programming and troubleshooting.
- Experience with VFD setup, installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience with HMI and SCADA system, preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math functions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate PC skills: MS Excel, MS Word, Internet, and Email.
- Must be able to adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Must demonstrate knowledge that he/she can safely use a Digital MultiMeter.
- Perform any required work function as directed by the supervisor in a safe and reasonable manner.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Work at heights up to 90 feet.
- Ability to fabricate items using machinery such as a milling machine, lathe, brake, sheer, band saw, drill press, etc.
- Ability to service fork lifts, fork lift batteries, battery chargers, battery changers, etc.
- Must be able to interpret and utilize complex technical manuals, electrical schematics, flow diagrams, ladder logic, block diagrams, etc.
- Must perform job function in a respectable, professional manner.
- Must be team oriented.
- Knowledge and experience in the combined trades of Hydraulic, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Electrical, and Electronic is preferred.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Email: (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)