Full Time days, evenings, weekends - Resident Assistant / CNA - Apply in person
The CNA/Med Tech is responsible for tracking, preparation and administration of medication to residents in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations. Provide resident care through assisting residents to ensure their cleanliness, nourishment, rest and activity in a manner conducive to the residents' comfort and safety. The Medication Manager performs all the duties of assisting with activities and daily living in accordance with the Company’s established procedures and as may be directed by the Executive Director, Resident Care Director, Resident Care Coordinator, and Pharmacy Consultant and/or Medical Consultant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Check with the Resident Care Director, your Supervisor, and/or the Resident Care Coordinator (if applicable) for medication updates.
- Prepare medication for administration to each resident with attention to ensure the following: Right resident - Right drug - Right time - Right route - Right dosage.
- Administer medications to resident using the Medication Observation Record (MOR) and the following guide:
· Bring medication to resident in either suite or common areas. Medication cannot be administered in the dining room.
· Ensure confidentiality of resident medication.
· Check photo of resident or ask name prior to administering.
· Offer water or juice. Make sure to observe that each resident is swallowing medication.
· Document legibly in the Medication Observation Record (MOR) immediately after each resident is administered his or her medication.
· Answer resident questions regarding medication or notify the Resident Care Director of resident concerns.
· Upon completion of each resident’s medication administration, return all non-dispensed medication to the cart. Lock the cart after each pass.
· Document legible all resident concerns made while administering the medication.
· Wash hands before and after administering each resident’s medication.
· Complete resident treatments as outlined in the Medication Observation Record.
· Assist Supervisor with checking in medications from the pharmacy.
· Prepare resident medications to accompany residents on short-term absences from the home. Document the procedures legibly.
· Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of medication cart.
· Restock medication cart with cups and spoons after all medication passes are completed.
Resident Assistant Duties: All duties as stated in the Resident Assistant job description.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents' families, visitors and team members.
Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, team member, residence, company information and records.
Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
Complies with the attendance policy.
Complies with the cell phone and social media policies.
Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire per company dress code.
Participates in training, in services and attends meetings when required.
Assists with special projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prior to presence in the community, applicant must have completed a Post Hire Health Questionnaire upon offer of employment. A TB test result must be received with 7 days of employment. Previous TB test results cannot be older than 6 months; chest x-ray results 2 years. A Criminal Record Clearance is required prior to team member’s starting date.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must be 18 years of age or older and have graduated from the eighth grade, however, a high school graduate or GED is preferred. Training and experience in medication procedures are desirable and one year or more work experience in home care for the elderly or Long Term Care is preferred. Knowledge of or ability to learn about various disabilities such as memory impairment, Parkinson’s disease, arthritis as well as others as population dictates.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess Medication Technician certificate and / or proof of training (State Specific) with appropriate annual updates. Must carry and maintain current first aide certificateCompany Description
Sonata Senior Living is a Florida-based developer and operator of innovative senior living communities, offering a combination of independent living, assisted living and memory care options in Central & South Florida.