HERE WE GROW AGAIN! PAC Worldwide in Middletown is looking to grow our Maintenance team and add another Technician to one of our Night shift crews.
The Maintenance Technician will be part of the PAC Worldwide Maintenance Department. They will provide support for PAC equipment in the Middletown facility. They should understand industrial safe work practices, electrical safe work practices, the basic principles of mechanical and electrical design, repairs on industrial machinery, be able to assist with installations and repairs for new and existing equipment, and be able to train others on their essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work safely and be able to identify potential safety concerns in any PAC facilities work is conducted. Ability to coach others on safe work practices.
- Taking initiative to bring unsafe conditions to the attention of the appropriate person or to resolve personally.
- Meeting all maintenance related OSHA safety regulations including required safety adherence, required inspections, and facility maintenance.
- Following up on various maintenance tasks related to safety as a result of Safety Committee recommendations, inspections or employee suggestions.
- Maintaining all equipment to OEM, OSHA or PAC established safety standards.
- Train less experienced employees in their essential duties.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests and perform repairs as needed including light building repair.
- Perform Moderate Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures while following a prescribed program and schedule.
- Fabricate and install electrical components such as enclosures.
- Fabricate various items as needed for machine repair and improvement.
- Use advanced shop tools to perform all necessary repairs and fabrication.
- Follow OEM manuals to perform setup and repair procedures.
- Ability to diagnose, repair and find the root cause of moderate machine problems that impact quality and productivity.
- Assist with the installation of machine upgrades and new equipment at the direction of the engineering department and/or supervision.
- Assist lead with projects for upgrades to new and existing equipment.
- Assist lead with projects for machine development and processes improvement.
- Perform machine upgrades and new equipment installation with minimal supervision.
- Identify technical procedure documents needed for equipment.
- Identify facility and equipment schematics that need updated by Engineering & Facility teams.
- Follow basic outlined inventory control process.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to complete assigned work
- Identify parts and components needed for purchasing agent to maintain plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Moderate industrial electrical experience including VFD and servo motors.
- Moderate industrial mechanical experience including pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical blueprints.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to complete assigned work.
- Ability to train and encourage less experienced employees in their essential duties.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a maintenance or engineering service environment.
- English, oral, and written communication skills (required).
- Effectively record and communicate machine repairs both internally and externally.
- Technical writing skills (preferred).
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Have understanding of decimals, fractions and the metric system.
- Ability to use measuring tools (scales, micrometers, gauges).
- Moderate reasoning skills.
- Have the ability to work through moderate electrical and mechanical issues as they arise and establish the permanent repair method.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (preferred).
- Valid driver’s license (required).
- Forklift certification (required).
- Scissor lift certification (required).
- Boom lift certification (required).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The environment is consistent with a warehouse/distribution center atmosphere. Heating is provided in the winter and basic cooling in the summer.
- Work is performed by using both hands and arms while in a standing position, including frequent bending, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling, squatting, or kneeling for extended times.
- Ability to work in hot/humid or cold environments
- Moderate noise level