We are seeking a Repair Welder to become an integral part of our team! The Welder will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms.
Repair extensive defects in complex castings using welding techniques requiring extensive dexterity, very close visual attention, and substantial welding experience.
Tools and Equipment:
May be required to handle the following: Various welding units with associated controls, pliers, burr guns, steel stamp machine, hand belt grinders, drill press, grinding wheel, tote pans, crayon, real time x-ray unit, abrasive saw, cleaning chemicals, inert atmosphere weld chamber.
Various type metal parts (product), weldwires, etc.
Direction of Others:
The following are the usual major job duties, but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
- Make welds which are subject to x-ray, FPI, or other tests which determine if internal weld defects exist.
- Repair defects in castings made from materials which are difficult to weld, such as cobalt, stainless steel, all nickel based alloys.
- Make welds which require very good surface appearance.
- Run long, straight solid beads.
- Add large amounts of metal to build up gates or nonfill areas.
- Pass certain test in cobalt, 17-4 stainless steel and nickel based alloys to demonstrate proficiency in welding.
- Receive parts. Ensure that all operations are complete and have been signed off.
- Retrieve all applicable specifications, techniques and folders necessary for jobs.
- Store properly marked weld wire in a neat and orderly manner.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described herein.
- Must follow all safety requirements of job as outlined on the job safety card
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Complete all paperwork associated with the job. Correctly maintain all forms and instruction sheets
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment
- Inform your supervisor about problems that occur
- May be required to handle hazardous waste by collecting and transferring the waste into proper containers at satellite storage areas or storage areas and assuring that the containers are properly inspected, labeled, and closed as required. Must follow correct instruction for handling hazardous waste and report any deviations to supervisor immediately. Must attend yearly instruction in hazardous waste handling and review of current procedures if job duties could affect non-compliance.
Special Skills and/or Experience:
Must become a certified weld operator in accordance with one or more customer or agency specifications in a
variety of alloys.
Vision requirement of 20/30 or better in at least one eye, per the J2 standard as well as color perception.
Must be able to lift 35lbs.
Requires six months satisfactory performance as a Repair Welder A, or the equivalent requires two years TIG welding experience and other welding techniques used in cobalt, stainless steel, and nickel based alloy welding.
Must pass all company and customer certification tests within six months.
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED]
Exposure to dirt dust, odors, and noise within acceptable limits with the use of protective equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hourCompany Description
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.