What you will do
Supervisesa team of Engineers to perform hardware engineering, software engineering andnetwork level commissioning for Major Projects and Branch Projects. Ensureswork performed is in compliance with state, local and federal legalrequirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Employspractices and develops processes to ensure cost effective engineering whileproviding consistent delivery and customer satisfaction. Serves as an expert inapplication engineering. Works effectively with Major Projects and Branchteams.
How you will do it
- Managesand schedules the workload of the Systems Engineering Team. Prioritizes work,supervises and coordinates projects to insure progress and timely completion ofthe engineering deliverables. Provides timeframe estimates to projectmanagement for job cost evaluation.
- Develops,implements, monitors and communicates the Systems Engineering team processes,strategies and standards. Provides engineering cost estimates during projectdevelopment phases.
- Seeksout new and creative applications and operational techniques. Implementsimprovements in the processes, facilities, tools and equipment to improvequality, reliability, productivity, and to provide leading edge technology.
- Providesadvanced technical support on application or implementation issues. Serves asthe Regional expert in application engineering.
- Leadsteam of Systems Engineers to select controllers and end devices that will meetthe specification, and minimize the total cost of installation to ensure thatthe project cost comes in below estimate.
- Utilizesfinancial, contract management and other management reports to evaluate teamsuccess.
- Developsand maintains viable relationships with customers, consultants and architectengineers. Leverages these relationships as needed during project developmentand execution.
- Maintainshigh level of engineering standards. Ensures maximum reuse of proven designsand programs.
- Performscomplex engineering and supports network commissioning as required on assignedprojects.
- Hires,retains, mentors, performance manages, and plans for career development ofdirect reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performancereviews and development plans for direct reports.
- Workswith Major Projects and Branch teams to ensure timely delivery of engineeringdeliverables in order to maximize successful execution of projects.
- Adheresto safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractorsafety.
What we look for
Bachelor’sdegree in Engineering, with a minimum of eight years of experience inApplication engineering. Prior experience in supervision of technical /engineering group. Minimum of five years of progressive responsibility in theconstruction industry. Masters degree or Professional Engineer Registrationhighly desired. Recognized as a leading expert in several core engineeringcompetencies. Understands accounting principles and cost management. Good oraland written communication skills, especially in presentation of technicalmaterial.
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equalemployment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status asa qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protectedby law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require anaccommodation during the application process, please visit tomorrowneedsyou.