Astleford International Trucks is expending in Minneapolis: 3rdshift
Seeking skilled professionals to lead our several diesel shop(s). Great opportunity for an experienced lead mechanic/foreman
Our service writers are responsible for supervising a team of highly skilled shop Tech's and directing the workflow to ensure the safety and productivity of the division vehicles, equipment and / or containers. This role is managerial and handles a broad array of management responsibilities with profit and loss responsibility. We are hiring for 1st and 2nd shift positions. Amazing opportunity for the right person- Military? National Guard? We encouraged to apply! Astleford International supports our troops.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary. As noted below, the list is not exhaustive of all duties that the position holder may be required to perform.
- Supervises employees performing maintenance shop activities. This includes but is not limited to carrying out personnel actions for maintenance shop employees, including but not limited to making or effectively recommending hiring decisions, training, and evaluating employees; coaching, counseling and managing performance; and making or effectively recommending salary, merit, promotion or other pay change recommendations. This role also makes recommendations and / or takes correction action to manage performance as appropriate.
- Reviews work orders and assigns tasks to maintenance employees to accomplish. Verifies the quality of work performed. Where appropriate, coaches mechanics on techniques and procedures and takes corrective action, as warranted, to manage performance as appropriate.
- Maintains open communications with division departments to ensure fluid and effective operations. This may include coordinating with accounting respective to the flow of information through procurement and accounting systems. This also includes working closely with the operations team as related to equipment maintenance and repairs. In so doing, the utilization of independent discretion and judgment as to matters of significance is required.
- Monitors, assesses and controls the department’s operational performance and takes action to redirect activities as appropriate. Reports on the department’s performance for the division leadership’s review, making recommendations for process or programmatic changes where opportunities for improvement exist. In so doing, the utilization of independent discretion and judgment as to matters of significance is required.
- Anticipates and organizes work to be performed based on routine preventative maintenance or as needed. Develops work schedules and grants time off as appropriate to match staffing level requirements for the maintenance shop.
- Inspects trucks and tools and monitors maintenance activities, verifying the quality of work performed to ensure safety and productivity procedures are followed. Identifies training opportunities and as necessary, documents issues and discusses constructively with employees to correct behaviors. This may include implementing and / or effectively recommending disciplinary action such as issuing written warning notices as appropriate up to and including termination.
- Anticipates equipment and parts needs and procures parts, within assigned spending limits, necessary to complete repairs. Refers larger purchases or major repairs to a manager as appropriate.
- May serve as first step supervisor in employee internal dispute resolution process.
- On occasion and as necessary road tests vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Handles related administrative matters for the team including substantiating payroll, maintaining records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed, ensuring the appropriate data entry of information into Dossier, preparing and submitting the budget for approval and setting department goals as aligned with targets/goals established by the division’s leadership team.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Salary Commensurate with Skills & Experience
- Growth Potential to Management
Astleford International & Idealease is a member of one of the largest transportation companies in North America. We are a quality provider of truck leasing and fleet services for over 70 years with over 400 affiliate locations in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Astleford Idealease is one of the largest and most respected private providers of Commercial Fleet maintenance, Full Service Truck Leases and Commercial Truck Rentals in Minnesota. Astleford is the winner of the much coveted Idealease Gold award for 14 years straight, recognizing Astleford Idealease as a quality member of the Idealease Team.
Commercial Truck Dealership representing the following brands:
International, Isuzu, Mitsubishi Fuso, (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).com
Astleford International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Astleford Intl complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Astleford International expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Astleford’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.