Position Function and Summary:
The Replenishment team manages the purchasing of all trade product for the combined company. The Analyst is responsible for timely and accurate execution of purchase orders in line with order quantity recommendations from the JDA system. S/he will be responsible for all orders related to a defined group of suppliers and will serve as the point-of-contact for daily interactions with these suppliers. The ideal candidate will possess a strong attention to detail, be able to quickly learn and master the tools needed and have good communication skills. The role will report to a Replenishment Team Lead and will be in Miramar, FL.
- Associates degree is a minimum requirement
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, ideally in Supply Chain or Purchasing
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with willingness to collaborate across different departments
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel
- Previous exposure to SAP or other ERP software is a plus; job role will require candidate to develop high proficiency in the use of SAP systems in a short period
- Understanding of products, categories and channels in the alcoholic beverage industry is a plus
- Execute purchase orders in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with JDA recommendations; will be the owner of all purchase orders for a specific supplier/ group of suppliers
- Serve as primary point of contact for regular interactions with suppliers
- Manually execute purchase orders for last-minute orders and at-risk items
- Expedite and prioritize supply when needed
- Execute corporate buys as directed by Inventory Control group
- Coordinate purchase order updates with Customer Service group
- Contribute to the Supply Review process by providing input on supplier ability to fill, working in collaboration with suppliers
- Monitor purchasing KPI targets and take proactive steps to ensure goals are met
- Deliver to core business targets including inventory and customer fill rate
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement in current purchasing processes and execution, take steps to drive better performance, and ensure there is open communication with the Replenishment Team Lead and Replenishment Manager.
- Supplier, Demand Planners and Inventory Optimization Managers, other functions as needed.
About Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits:
Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is the largest distributor of beverage alcohol in North America, and proud to be a multi-generational, family-owned company. Southern Glazer’s has a proud history of consistently delivering impeccable service in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia, Canada and the Caribbean. It’s all made possible by our employees. Our careers focus on delivering a captivating and rewarding experience. Challenging our colleagues every step of the way, we provide the tools for them to grow, succeed and accomplish both their personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service for our suppliers and our customers while we put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.Southern Glazer’s is nationally recognized by its supplier partners as well as by its customers for its state-of-the-art distribution capabilities and its leading-edge information technology. We also believe in the importance of giving back, being a socially responsible corporate citizen and making generous contributions to national, state and local charitable organizations.