By applying for thisjob offer, you are applying for a military job.
Speed and firepower are essential components in thesuccess of a mission in hostile terrain. Armored personnel use andmaintain armored combat vehicles, weapons systems andcommunications equipment. The members of the armored units work inclose collaboration with the other branches of the combatprofessions, which are infantry, artillery and combat engineers.This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (parttime).
Before applying, it isstrongly recommended to look at the online descriptive informationas well as the video for your selected trade:(Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/FAC005E3
- Execute mounted and dismounted reconnaissancepatrols
- Driving and maintaining tanks and reconnaissancevehicles
- Firing and maintaining weapon systemscurrently used in Canadian AFVs
- Operatingsurveillance equipment on the reconnaissance vehicle
- Identifying Canadian and foreign military vehicles,aircraft and equipment
- Using tacticalcommand-and-control communications equipment
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteedsince you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if youonly want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be analternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypicalschedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience ofthe member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1,2017. To know more about the rates of pay:.
You can apply for this position if you meetat least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 56 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To havecompleted at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained acertificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); ORHave acquired General Educational Development (GED).