By applying for thisjob offer, you are applying for a military job.
Ammunition Technicians are responsible for all CanadianArmed Forces (CAF) ammunition, explosive stockpiles, as well asammunition and explosives safety programs. They also performtechnical inspections, tests, proofs, maintenance, modification anddisposal of all CAF ammunition and explosives.
Before applying, it is strongly recommendedto look at the online descriptive information as well as the videofor your selected trade:(Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/FAC169E3
- Provide advice on all ammunition and explosivesafety matters
- Manage the storage ofammunition and explosives
- Prepare and shipammunition and explosives
- Maintain staticfacilities, field and deployed installations
- Perform render safe and disposal procedures on explosiveordnances
- Certify ammunition, explosive items,munitions and non-munitions scrap to different degrees ofclassification
- Conduct improvised explosivedevices disposal operations
- Operate equipmentin support of operations
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteedsince you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if youonly want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be analternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypicalschedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience ofthe member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1,2017. To know more about the rates of pay:.
- Engineering and regulatory inspectors
- Material handlers
- CivilianAmmunition Technician
- Civilian ExplosiveOrdnance Disposal Range Clearance Operator
- Heavy Industrial Machinery Operator
You canapply for this position if you meet at least theseconditions:
- To beaged between 16 and 56 years old
- To be aCanadian citizen
- to have completed at least 24secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or 5); OR Have obtained aProfessional Diploma; OR Have obtained a certificate of equivalenceat the secondary level (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired GeneralEducational Development (GED).