***Please note that the occupation of Driver corresponds to theoccupation of Mobile Support Equipment Operator in the Canadianarmed Forces.
By applying forthis job offer, you are applying for a military job.
Mobile Support EquipmentOperators drive military vehicles of all kinds, be they regularautomobiles, snow removal equipment or special vehicles andoff-road vehicles. They must also ensure that the maintenanceschedules and the good condition of the accessories of these samevehicles are respected. This trade is also available in the ReserveForce (part time).
Beforeapplying, it is strongly recommended to look at the onlinedescriptive information as well as the video for your selectedtrade:(Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/FAC171E3
- Operatebuses, automobiles, trucks and tractor-trailers
- Operate specialized mobile equipment such as fuellingtankers, snowplows, tractors and all-terrain vehicles
- Receive, load, secure and unload materiel and equipmenttransported by road
- Provide transportationsupport for combat and field operations
- Maintain equipment in serviceable condition by cleaning,inspecting and correcting minor faults
- Preparedispatch schedules and coordinate user requirements for vehiclesand equipment
- Prepare and maintain job-relatedforms, records and reports
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteedsince you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if youonly want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be analternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypicalschedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience ofthe member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1,2017. To know more about the rates of pay:.
- Snow Removal EquipmentOperator
- Dispatcher, Motor Vehicles
- Truck Driver
- Heavy equipment operator
- Heavyequipment driver
- Transport truckdriver
You can apply for this position if you meetat least these conditions:
- To be aged between 16 and 57 years old
- To be a Canadian citizen
- To havecompleted at least 24 secondary school units (Secondary 4 and / or5); OR Have obtained a Professional Diploma; OR Have obtained acertificate of equivalence at the secondary level (AENS-TENS); ORHave acquired General Educational Development (GED).