Moves and cleans vehicles, keeps used vehicles in sound working condition and helps the used-vehicle manager as requested.
• Keeps used-vehicle lot neat and orderly, moving cars as directed by the used-vehicle manager and in accordance with dealership display standards.
• Cleans interior and exterior of used vehicles, including the trunk, glove compartment, tires, windows etc. as needed.
• Picks up vehicles from and delivers vehicles to customers as directed by management.
• Starts vehicles daily and reports any problems or concerns.
• Performs light maintenance on vehicles as needed, i.e., replaces windshield wiper blades, repairs or changes tires, replenishes fluids etc.
• Keeps vehicles fueled.
• Ensures that required forms/stickers have been completed and are properly displayed.
• Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• No prior experience or training.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid Driver's License with clean background