Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Transformation and Technology COO provides thought leadership, governance, enablement and control for Technology. Tech Business Development and Centers of Excellence on Cloud, Agile, Data, Artificial Intelligence, partner across Technology and the Firm to be a catalyst for technology transformation and innovation.
Technology COO focuses on multi-year financial planning, business management, change management, workforce strategy, governance, communication, engagement, and talent development.
We are looking for a coordinator to work in our expense management function, comfortable working in a global organization with distributed teams across different locations. The candidate has to be independent, flexible, has excellent communication skills (he will interact with stakeholders globally) and must have a good head and interest for numbers.
- Analyze Travel & Entertainment expenses on a monthly basis and ensure the Travels are as per planned & business requirement.
- Assist in the creation of execution plan and governance to ensure tracking of progress and managing escalation.
- Timely processing of Software/Hardware/Office Supplies requests submitted by employees.
- Perform a detailed investigation on a regular basis and ensure the expenses are within defined guidelines with proper justification.
- Ensure that requests processed strictly adhere to the expense policy defined at global as well as division level and record / report exceptions to the management.
- Prepare Executive Dashboards on key metrics reporting.
- Perform a detailed Month on Month trend analysis and compare with division budget.
- Provide consistent and periodic view into actual costs vs. budgets.
- Create and maintain process documents to ensure consistent with company policies and procedure.
- Identify and implement best practices to improve efficiencies in how we operate.
- During implementation of various initiatives, will be responsible for tracking progress, escalating issues, risks and challenges.
- Ensure adherence of proper governance is established for the processes .
- Perform regular review of cost center approvers and identify changes, if required. Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience of professional experience
- Self-starter with a can-do approach.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work and capable of setting direction.
- Comfort working with ambiguity, managing and resolving complex issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as the role involves a high amount of interaction with senior management across multiple divisions, including Technology and Firm Control organizations (e.g. finance).
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and knack for reporting with keen attention to details.
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio) and excellent presentation skills with ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
Nice to have
- Familiar with Project / Program Management environments
- Knowledge of the financial services industry; preferably in finance, operations, technology.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.