EVENTS TEAM MEMBER - Highlands Sports Complex
Sports Facilities Management, LLC
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Highlands Sports Complex is a premier sport, recreation and entertainment destination focused on improving the health and economic vitality of Triadelphia, WV.
You will be joining a championship level team focused on fun, fulfillment and service built to enrich the community as well as your career and personal growth.
Highlands Sports Complex is a member of The Sports Facilities Companies (SFC) and is the nation's leading resource for managing and developing sports, recreation, wellness, and events facilities. We provide a highly collaborative and supportive culture that raises our team members to new levels of career growth. Together, we will carve a path in a hyper-growing industry where you will enjoy the journey and learn from the industry's best while having some fun.
SFC was awarded national recognition as a Top Workplace and is considered a workplace of choice. Our mission-focused company is highly entrepreneurial, team-oriented with a culture centered on collaboration, accountability, excellence, and service. We are growing rapidly and looking for high performers at every level to grow with us.
The Events Team Member is expected to provide excellent guest service while working in various departments of the facility. This position involves guest services, food and beverage departments, facility maintenance, and events.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Interacting and assisting guests as needed
- Assist with events from set up to take down
- Stock, maintain, and clean the facility as necessary throughout shifts
- Perform various tasks related to scheduled work area
- Operate and balance a cash drawer
- Resolve all guest concerns and complaints and/or direct to appropriate Manager
- Complete special projects, daily assignments and other duties as directed by management
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends, holidays and long hours) and regular attendance necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain focus in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have outstanding organizational skills
- Must be respectful and friendly to our athletes, guests, visitors, spectators, leaders and fellow Team Members
- Must work well with others
- Must take personal initiative for the betterment of the team and venue
- Commitment to the safety and well-being of others
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds waist high
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time whether indoors or outdoors, and squat, stoop or bend
- Will be required to operate a computer
- Facility has intermittent noise
- Have a basic understanding of sports
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
• You will be asked to confirm a login password so to be able to make further applications in future visits.
• Once registered, you may also save CV / Resume summary details into the optional Resume format (This default format is easy for companies to read, and when available, it is sent as part of your application to a company to assist your application).
• Alternatively or additionally, you may attach your own original Resume document and 2 other supporting files as part of your application (Those files must be within the maximum combined size stated, and are not stored on this jobsite when you submit them).
• You must write or paste an introduction / cover letter into the application box.
• When you click the "Apply" button, your cover letter, Resume summary (if you have saved one on this site), contact details, and/or your own attached files are submitted as part of your application.
• Once you submit an application for any job on this site, it is solely the responsibility and decision of the company or employer you have applied to on whether they accept, review, process or respond to that application.