Provides a high level of visibility at the street level to carry out a wide variety of tasks to improve the overall appearance of the service district they are assigned to.
· Manual Litter Collection – circulate through the assigned work zone with a rolling can containing supplies and tools to take care of address the following tasks:
o Removing litter, weeds, cigarette butts, and other debris on sidewalks, street gutter, and alleys
o Remove graffiti and posters from light posts, trash cans, news boxes, and other public infrastructure
o Damp wipe and straighten horizontal surfaces, trash can lids, news boxes, and other infrastructure.
· OBSERVE AND REPORT – while on patrol be watchful for unwanted or criminal activity to report to Safety Ambassadors via two-way radios. Must be able to articulate accurate descriptions of persons, and other identifiers.
· HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE – While on patrol will go out of the way to acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
· REPORTING – must be able to provide written reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti on private property, and provide a basic daily report of accomplishments and tasks completed.
· PROFESSIONALISM – Must maintain a positive, professional demeanor in full compliance with laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism.
· PHYSICAL ABILITIES –
o Must have the physical capacity to traverse continuously during an eight-hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty-minute meal break). Must work outdoors in all weather conditions.
· COMMUNICATION – Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports of daily accomplishments and completed tasks which will be recorded on a portable device such as a tablet or smartphone.
· HEALTH/DENTAL – 70% of ‘employee only’ coverage for Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee plan
· HOLIDAYS – 6 paid
· VACATION – one week after one year of service, two weeks of paid vacation after five years
· LIFE INSURANCE - $20,000 provided free with healthcare participation. Option to purchase additional at group rates.
· 401K – Eligible after one month of service
· BIRTHDAY PAY – After one year of serviceCompany Description
We provide safety, cleaning, hospitality and outreach services for downtown improvement districts all across the country. We are a great company that is very employee friendly. Block by Block knows that our employees are our biggest asset and treats our Ambassadors accordingly. Our culture is very important to us and we value our work family as one of our biggest assets. We offer benefits to full and part-time employees because we care about everyone's well being no matter how many hours of service to us they deliver. We are devoted to improving our communities and the people who live work and play in them.