Our client, a global metals manufacturer, is seeking experienced CNC Machinist to come join their growing team in Nashville.
Our candidate of choice will be responsible for setting up and operating CNC Lathes to perform series of machining operations by performing the following duties.
- Works from layout and work order program and set up machines to produce required parts.
- Accept responsibility for maintaining proper cycle time of machine.
- Continuously monitors the parts being produced by machines, must have a working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), and complete SPC charts as required.
- Accept responsibility for acceptable level of quality and quantity of production.
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance.
- Recognizes improper tool function and takes corrective action.
- Apply complete knowledge of measuring devices required to check parts being produced.
- Make suggestions to improve efficiency of machine or operation.
- Must have knowledge of metals and alloys, cutting oils, lube oils, tools, too functions, tool grades, surface feet and feeds, measuring and check instruments, use of charts and guide books to supplement these areas of knowledge.
- Reports when work orders or layouts need to be corrected to improve overall function.
- Perform duties in accordance with established work instructions and procedures to maintain compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Maintain safety as #1 priority, abiding by company rules, operating machinery only when guards are in place, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE) when in the manufacturing area and maintaining a clean work environment.
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Ability to read part drawings.
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capable.
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus.
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to grow with our company.
Please apply today for immediate consideration.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!