Why Work Here?
“Boarhog is first and foremost all about our associates. We've grown slowly, steadily and purposefully, because our associates come first.”
This is a great opportunity to join a highly respected team of Boarhog associates delivering national security systems for America.
If you’re up for a challenge while earning valuable experience and technical skills as an Electronics Technician level 1 (ET1), we’re looking for you to join our strong team in San Diego! Learn the skills that enable promotion with substantial raises to higher levels of responsibility.
An ET1 should possess the general technical knowledge that would support the building and modification of electronic systems and components. Current positions are aboard USS SPRUANCE (DDG-111), with follow on work aboard USS PREBLE (DDG-46) and/or USS PAUL HAMILTON (DDG-60) and/or USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CVN-72) . There is a likelihood of some overtime hours.
- Assist in assembly of routine circuitry and installation of cable runs.
- Interact and follow through on directions from senior Electronics Technicians.
- Discuss standard layout and assembly procedures and problems with senior level technicians, to include sketching in order to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronics.
- Check functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions with supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in shipyards is desirable but not required.
- Should have some electronics training from a Technical School, or Class A or B military school in electronics, electrician, radar technician, or similar technical school.
- Should have two (2) years of contractor apprenticeship that includes formal classroom training on Installation Tasks, Soldering, Cable Dressing, Cable Tray, Conduit, and Making/Repairing Connectors.
- Much preferred if familiar with shipboard installation practices and NAVSEA Standards.
TO APPLY, COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER: (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)?preview=true