SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Inspect trays of printed products to ensure customer specifications and quality standards are met. Operate equipment to final finish products and prepare the product for shipping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures labels meet company and customer quality standards.
· Works effectively with the machine operator in change over and production.
· Assembles cardboard boxes and trays.
· Responsible for thorough shift change over.
· Keeps workstation clean of debris and scrap.
· Assists the machine operator with routine machine responsibilities.
· Communicates quality and production issues to machine operator and/or supervisor.
· Verify the correct label is on the tube and boxes.
· Packs order to customer specifications.
· Ensures traceability.
· Complies with company personnel and safety policies and Good Manufacturing Practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two to three related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· The candidate must have the ability to use, read and interpret scientific measurement and inspection tools devices.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Ability to access, retrieve, update and review files utilizing Microsoft Office and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
· Occasionally lift up to 50lbs. safely
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Moderate noise levelCompany Description
A global specialty packaging pioneer, CCL is the largest label company in the world and provides innovative solutions to the Home & Personal Care, Premium Food & Beverage, Healthcare & Specialty, Automotive & Durables and Consumer markets worldwide. The Company is divided into four reporting segments: CCL Label, CCL Container, Avery and Checkpoint.
CCL Label is the world’s largest converter of pressure sensitive and extruded film materials for decorative, functional and information labels. The business is CCL’s biggest reportable segment and represents 67% of total sales. Customers include major global corporations in the consumer packaging, healthcare and consumer durable segments. CCL Label produces a wide range of specialty label products, including expanded content, WashOffTM, RFID, specialty electronics (CCL Design / CCL Design Electronics), promotional games and long life pressure sensitive films to protect or replace paint. It also produces highly-decorated extruded plastic tubes for premium brands in the personal care, cosmetic and healthcare markets.
Our Heritage – CCL Industries Inc. was founded in 1951 as Connecticut Chemicals Limited in Toronto, Canada. CCL Industries has evolved into the world leader in specialty packaging and labels. Contact us to learn more.