The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for improvement of the manufacturing processes and the equipment used in it. Working closely with production management and product management, this person focuses on enhancing our products by continually improving the performance of the equipment; this includes tooling, print presses, automation systems and the standard work procedures used to define the manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs engineering duties; develops, designs and tests mechanical devices
- Identifies and implements mechanical systems and process improvements; including equipment updates.
- Establishes standard operating procedures for all equipment setup and operation.
- Writes technical reports, handbooks and/or bulletins for internal use
- Works closely with Product Management to develop new products and enhance the quality of the existing products.
- Works closely with the maintenance team to develop, implement and maintain equipment and tooling maintenance program that ensures optimal equipment up time and reliability.
- Researches designs and makes equipment recommendations based on appearance, safety, budget & function.
- Manages the design and build process with internal teams and outside partners
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ Degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required and minimum five years of engineering. 5-10 years’ experience in printing or repetitive production environment. Previous knowledge of lean application in production/manufacturing environment is beneficial.
Artemax was honored to be nominated by the Wisconsin Manufacturing Council as one of the final nominees for 2018 Manufacturer of the Year Award. Artemax offers a wide variety of benefits including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company match 401k Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Long-Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Company Events
- and don't forget our free lunches!
No work sponsorship or relocation assistance is available for this position.Company Description
Artemax, Inc., a fast growing Milwaukee Area Company, is the industry leader in manufacturing and supplying of wristband identification products for the entertainment, recreational and medical markets. All products are engineered from concept design to completion with the utmost quality standards. Steadily growing since 1995, Artemax has risen to the top in the industry and successfully continues to grow and thrive as one of the top wristband manufacturing companies in the world.
In order to get our company and product to the next level, we need passionate employees who are equipped with a willing-to-learn attitude. At Artemax, we take pride in growing our company and our employees every day by giving our employees the tools and opportunities they need to succeed. Employees at Artemax enjoy a fresh and inviting culture where they can see the difference in training, attitudes and atmosphere day in and day out. We also like to have fun; free lunches, company outings and events, company sports leagues, an on-site game room and friendly company contests are just a few ways we like to show some love to our employees!
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.