Develop robust, quality consistent processes for product fabrication. Eliminate variation by documenting these processes to maintain a standard. Troubleshoot all manufacturing processes that have variability and do not meet the standard requirements.
Essential Job Functions
· Tool and Fixture Design
· PLC Programming and electrical wiring
· Design and develop capable manufacturing processes in a Lean environment
· Ensure that Proven Documented Processes are in fact used and followed through audits, line walks, and collaboration with Mfg. Supervisors.
· Tool design
· Improve existing assembly processes.
· Perform / lead process capability studies.
· Develop PFMEA’s
· Develop and implement process controls
· Lead and be a functional member on problem solving teams
· Generate detailed procedures and work instructions as required
· Interface with all QA, manufacturing and assembly operations
· Perform and interpret process capability studies, and implement improvements as required.
· Recommend and substantiate process and product changes
Additional Job Functions
· Support the strategic goals and vision of the organization by promoting reduction of lead times and contributing to the overall experience of our customers.
· Lead company problem resolution teams
· Lead and/or participate in company Kaizen events
Essential Skills and Experience
· 4-Year Engineering degree or MS
· Working knowledge of Solid works is a plus.
· Knowledge of traditional machining processes (Drilling, turning, tapping, Multi-Spindle, etc. is a plus)
· Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings & GD&T requirements
· Working knowledge of 6-Sigma tools and concepts
· Ability to work with others
· Knowledge of formal problem solving techniques (8D, 7S, 5-Why etc.)
· Ability to complete assignments in the designated or agreed upon time frame
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Employee is required to lift up to 50 lbs infrequently
· Use hands to change tools, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· Employee is required to stand or walk frequently.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Company Description
PeterPaul founded in 1947, is a premier manufacturer of solenoid valves including high flow, explosion proof, high pressure, plastic, safety and mini valves. PeterPaul configures possibilities from solenoid valves that operate with power as low as 1/2 watt and pressure ratings from vacuum to as high as 5000 psi. PeterPaul is located in New Britain, Connecticut and Fajardo, Puerto Rico. High quality design, innovative research and product development set PeterPaul apart from other manufactures. Continuous improvement is in the fabric of the company on all levels with people having years of experience, dedication and pride. We look forward to meeting with you.