Position Overview – Manage day to day quality assurance responsibilities to ensure continuous production of product and applications consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals. Supervise a team of quality assurance technicians and engineers. Maintain all QMS procedures and work instructions relative to quality assurance.
· Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Oversee the investigation and correction of customer issues and complaints relating to quality utilizing established CCN and RMA processes.
· Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
· Perform and lead QMS and manufacturing process audits.
· Develop audit plans.
· Interface with all company functions as required.
· Interpret and incorporate engineering and industry standards and specifications as applicable.
· Provide technical and statistical expertise to team.
· Recommend and substantiate process and product improvements.
· Formulate, document and maintain quality standards and on-going quality objectives.
· Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other supervisors and/or managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
· Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
· Interpret quality philosophy to key personnel within the company.
· Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
· Interact with suppliers through Purchasing to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
· Maintain active role on internal continuous improvements teams.
· Follow all company safety rules and report any unsafe acts to immediate supervisor
· Must have full understanding of all company processes, procedures and rules as stated in the Peter Paul Electronic Company Employee Handbook
· Perform any other duties as directed by the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering desired or minimum of 5-7 years related experience required.
· Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
· Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Opportunity realization at both strategic and functional levels.
· Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
· Support the strategic goals and vision of the organization by promoting lead time reduction and contribute to the overall experience of our customers.
· Experience with developing/documenting procedures
· Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection
· Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
· Experience working with high performance teams.
· Strong customer orientation.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Commitment to company values
· Follow through with commitments and foster mutual trust with organization leaders.
· Assume additional responsibility without being asked.
· Encourage team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
· Encourage others to take responsibility for their development within the companyCompany Description
PeterPaul founded in 1947, is a premier manufacturer of solenoid valves including high flow, explosion proof, high pressure, plastic, safety and mini valves. PeterPaul configures possibilities from solenoid valves that operate with power as low as 1/2 watt and pressure ratings from vacuum to as high as 5000 psi. PeterPaul is located in New Britain, Connecticut and Fajardo, Puerto Rico. High quality design, innovative research and product development set PeterPaul apart from other manufactures. Continuous improvement is in the fabric of the company on all levels with people having years of experience, dedication and pride. We look forward to meeting with you.