ABOUT MEDIACOM DATA WAREHOUSE:
The Mediacom Data Warehouse (DW) is looking for an enthusiastic individual interested in joining a growing team of professionals as it undertakes a complete refresh of its current DW environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a greenfield migration project at the ground level. The environment refresh includes Active Batch Automation and Scheduling, Informatica Data Integration tool, and Oracle Exadata running the latest 12c database. Mediacom's Data Analytics tools of choice include Oracle OBIEE and Tableau. The right person for this position will be able to work and thrive in a truly collaborative environment, be an eager learner, self-motivated and not afraid to work in partnership in all areas of the DW as needed.
The Data Warehouse ETL Developer is responsible for application development tasks and assignments related to data integration as well as preparation of detailed specifications, diagrams and other programming structures related to ETL processes. This individual will design, code, test, debug and document moderately complex programs and applications in addition to performing application maintenance tasks.
- Responsible for the design, development, documentation of ETL processes.
- Work in a complex environment which includes Database, Job Scheduling/Automation/Performance Tools.
- Participate in ETL Design sessions with the team.
- Production support of new or changing mappings and workflows and produce technical specifications.
- Responsible for the analysis, data profiling, development, and integration of disparate systems throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Work as part of a team delivering high quality and efficient integration solutions.
- Assist in ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL related activities.
- Implement best practices and tune for optimization.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Complete any other work as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience in technical development
- At least 2-3 years of experience with Informatica PowerCenter – Additional Experience with SSIS or Talend is a plus
- At least 2-3 years of experience with Oracle Database
- Possess great attention to detail while also being flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment and changing priorities.
- Excellent SQL, PL/SQL and Database Skills - Python / R are a plus
- Some prior use of Toad for Oracle or any similar tools a plus.
- Understanding of SQL and some experience in a database environment
- Familiarity with data modeling – Star/Snow-flake schemas
- Experience with erwin Data Modeler software
- Experience working in a corporate IT or similar environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Dependability and adaptability.
- Ability to work in team/collaborative setting.
- Technical proficiency.