The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will also assist in establishing Internal Control Policies and Procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the daily maintenance and management of the business’s financial and accounting activities, including:
- Having strong cost accounting background for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of product cost and inventory. Monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinate the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; prepare special reports.
- Has a solid understanding of accounting theory and GAAP.
- Ensure that the general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers reflect current and accurate information
- Establish and implement financial systems as it relates to internal controls, costing and reporting.
- Prepare month-end closings with financial statements, balance sheet and P&L analysis, and summary of the month’s operations with highlight areas that need operational improvement.
- Assist managers in providing meaning reports to assist in their operations and establishing operating budgets and forecasts
- Work with sales, service and management team members to achieve the goals of the Company and maximize results of operations.
- Bachelor in Accounting or in Business with an emphasis in Accounting is desired
- At least five years of accounting experience in a manufacturing company
- Supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Crystal Reports and AS400 ERP systems (Epicor)
- Experience with property taxes, sales tax reporting and other governmental filings.
- Excellent organizational, planning and financial system skills
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work across many departments, understands their issues, and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently and results orientated.
- A job approach that includes: a take charge personality, pride in accomplishing goals, and embraces process improvement.
CFS is a leading, employee-owned accounting and financial staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting & finance professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management.
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).com