Experienced technician with proven electronic wiring and assembly skills. Duties include precision electronic assembly, wiring, and testing of electrical chassis, cabinets and cables. Project assignments will range from drilling metal panels and mounting electrical equipment to custom cable construction with small gauge shielded wiring as well as large conductor power wiring interconnections.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Read, understand and utilize various engineering and manufacturing documents including bills of materials, assembly drawings, assembly instructions, wiring schematics and diagrams
- Compile components based on bill of material
- Layout control panel mechanical arrangements using squares, rules, etc.
- Mount equipment by drilling, tapping, and cutting enclosures and panels per prints and hardware instructions
- Wire various control panel products in preparation for test and final inspection per UL 508A requirements
- Cut, strip, crimp and wire control and power wiring per “to-from” documentation with a high degree of accuracy
- Apply hand tools to ensure correct torque
- Route and bundle wires and cables neatly and according to established electrical standards
- Operate computerized terminal, wire labeling and engraving equipment
- Perform testing of control panels which may include 480VAC, 240VAC, 120VAC and 24V DC
- Document Quality Control and problem resolution logs
- Perform re-work of wiring and assembly at request and guidance of Quality Control technicians
- Keep red lines of any changes required during manufacturing and turn in to supervisor on completion of the project
- Assist in other areas of manufacturing as needed
- Maintain a safe, organized and efficient work area
- Assist with receiving and organization of project and stock material.
- High school education or equivalent
- One-year wiring experience preferred
- Ability to use “torque” tools
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical schematics / diagrams preferred
- Proficiency using hand and power tools in a safe manner
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Good math and communication skills
- Programmable Logic Controller programming/troubleshooting desired
- Operator Interface Terminal troubleshooting desired
- Must pass a drug test
Founded in 1946, Komline-Sanderson Corporation is an industry-leading producer of highly engineered industrial equipment for industrial, food & beverage, municipal and energy customers located worldwide. Our energy efficient machines are used to convert waste to energy, reduce pollution and mitigate environmental impact across the globe. We are proud to design and manufacture in the USA. We are expanding our team and seeking candidates who can work effectively in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment to help us on our mission.