Forklift Operator/ Warehouseman
The Forklift Operator FSP Warehouse will have the primary responsibilities of maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly warehouse for FSP materials and working closely with the Shipping/ Receiving Coordinator to receive and ship materials as needed. In addition to those duties, this position will be required to assist with other forklift operators as needed including but not limited to loading and loading other materials and assisting in the production warehouse. Other duties as needed may also be required.
1. Unload trucks and load material onto trucks as needed.
2. Unpacks, examines and puts into storage incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and notifies shipping coordinator of damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective materials returned for replacement or credit.
3. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
4. Communicates with shipping/ receiving coordinator as needed to insure timely and efficient order pulling and truck loading and unloading.
5. Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
6. Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the shipping/ receiving coordinator.
7. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
1. Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Technical Capacity.
6. Time Management.
7. Oral and Written Communication Proficiency.
8. Ability to lift 50# containers.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. From time to time overtime may be required.
Education and Experience
1. Minimum of a high school education.
2. Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
3. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
4. Licensed forklift truck operator.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Louisiana Blending, LLC, (LAB) is a toll manufacturer of specialty cement products. At our New Orleans, LA, facility, we blend and bag dry cements and sands with various additives and fillers per our customer's specifications. Typical products produced by LAB include construction grouts, concrete repair materials, floor levelers, stucco powders, and tile grouts.