VINATERÍA is looking for a responsible, self-motivated Sous Chef for a small, successful, neighborhood restaurant serving a seasonal menu including handmade pastas, whole fish and a busy dinner and brunch service. Ability to communicate well, work closely with a small team, multi-task and arrive on time.
Primary Duties of Sous Chef Position include:
1. Maintain highest level of hospitality
2. Maintain seasonal menus with-in the concept of Vinateria.
3. Maintain seasonal events menus, provide special request menus in a timely fashion.
4. Provide “Specials” on a weekly and seasonal basis. Present for tasting at weekly management meeting, along with C.o.G. and narrative.
5. Specials will be produced for a minimum of a 7 days period, beginning Mondays.
1. Operate the premises in a cost effective manner and in accordance with D.H.M.H. “A” rating.
1. Take an exact comprehensive inventory weekly on Sunday nights before the inception of service. Provide C.o.G. number with narrative on Wednesday, to Principals and GM.
1. Practice competitive bidding among vendor group, purchase highest quality ingredients, preferably from small artisanal producers which match the vinateria Concept.
2. Provide detailed printed purchase orders for receiving agent.
3. Maintain a mutually respectful relationship with all vendors.
4. Use existing Vinateria inventory, purchasing and record keeping programs to their fullest extent.
Cost Of Goods Sold & Recipe Book
1. Maintain an average C.o.G of 27%. Cost all recipes before entered into production.
2. Maintain the Vinateria recipe book.
3. Provide recipes for all cooks & prep cooks.
1. Create a nurturing teaching & experimental environment, for the benefit of all staff members & guests.
2. Participate in weekly management meeting.
3. Maintain a running dialogue with Wine Cellar & Kitchen to maximize product appeal and flavor profile harmony.Company Description
Vinatería is a beloved neighborhood restaurant whose cuisine is rooted in the rich culinary traditions of Italy and Spain. We are bringing vibrant, market-driven dishes to a loyal following of Harlem locals and visitors alike. From our acclaimed wine list to the creative design elements, Vinatería offers a unique combination of bespoke, knowledgeable service and chic yet unpretentious comfort.