Human Resources Generalist
Here at Baked by Melissa our vision is simple: to make life sweeter. Everyday our customers are treated to our absolutely delicious bite size cupcakes and macarons. Our desserts may be small, but our plans for the company and the brand are grand. This is where you come in as our next HR Generalist.
The HR Generalist is responsible for leading all human resources, payroll and benefits functions for Baked by Melissa, partnering with the Corporate, Retail and Bakery teams to drive people initiatives. This role effectively collaborates with all level of leadership to identify, plan, create and implement process improvements for all areas of the business.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with all leaders within the organization by encouraging a team-oriented mindset, building strong relationships and being a sounding board for ideas and improvements.
- Develop the HR function in line with current business requirements as well as strategic long-term planning for the planned growth in the future.
- Serve as the point person for compliance with local, state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Serve as main point of contact for employee questions for the Bakery, Retail locations, and Corporate.
- Oversee the onboarding and offboarding process for all employees.
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of payroll, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes to 150+ employees consistent with Federal and State wage and hour laws.
- Oversee Federal and State compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements, including payment of payroll taxes, and processing and mailing of year-end W-2s.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports, e.g., gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
- Oversee benefits administration, workers compensation and unemployment claims
- Enhance leadership capabilities by coaching and training company managers on performance management, goal setting, holding teams accountable, etc.
- Lead the annual company-wide performance review process.
- Champion employee engagement initiatives to increase company-wide retention.
- Enhance talent acquisition and onboarding process to promote Baked by Melissa's employer brand.
- Establish leading Compensation and Benefits programs to attract top talent.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up-to-date and communicated to team.
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a positive, passionate teammate who can unify the team across departments.
- Ability to coach and provide feedback to all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to hire and retain top talent.
- Proven experience driving employee engagement in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in progressive human resources environment, preferably in retail and/or manufacturing, leading both exempt and non-exempt employee populations.
- Recent experience using ADP. (Preferred)
- Intermediate or advanced Spanish proficiency. (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. (Preferred)
- HR Certification such as the SHRM-CP or PHR. (Preferred)
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac.
- Commuter Benefits including transit and parking.
- Flexible spending account.
- Generous Paid Time Off policy.
- Summer Fridays.
- 50% discount on our amazing bite-size cupcakes and macarons.
Baked by Melissa is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment that is essential for individual and company success. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. Join Baked by Melissa in making life sweeter!
Powered by JazzHR