Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Senior Product Manager to help oversee the strategy, roadmaps, and business outcomes for our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. In this highly collaborative role, you'll support a group of in-house Engineers responsible for the reliability, quality, and performance of Warby Parker’s applications. You'll also drive the adoption of best practices throughout our Technology department. Your work will be fast-paced, self-directed, agile, and data-driven. Sound right up your alley? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the team responsible for the reliability, quality, and performance of our business applications
- Migrate the SRE team toward owning Warby Parker's infrastructure platform and providing SRE oversight of other Product Teams
- Determine the overall SRE strategy
- Scope new internal features and products, working across teams to gather requirements, write business cases, track progress, and deliver value in an agile manner
- Help maintain and internally publicize product documentation to promote self-service
- Identify top-priority metrics and targets for the team to impact
- Create and communicate roadmaps based on Warby Parker’s business objectives and metrics
- Ensure stakeholders are informed about progress and decisions regarding each product
- Run demos and meetings with stakeholders and functionality consumers
- Maintain a highly engaged, energized, and efficient team
- Own and manage the SRE budget, including vendor expenses
Who you are:
- Backed by 5–7 years of product management experience
- Confident managing technical products, such as shared cloud infrastructure, APIs, vendor integrations, and developer tools and services in highly available environments
- An Agile practitioner who’s well-versed in various project management methodologies
- Equipped with a technical mindset, empathy for users, systems thinking, and an eye for good design—all of which help you create and deliver exceptional products
- A naturally curious person who dives into any available information to better understand the task at hand
- A skilled written and verbal communicator who can explain complex topics in clear, compelling ways
- Equipped with strong analytical reasoning skills and experience analyzing scenarios quantitatively
- Able to measure the business impact of systems you've helped develop
- Ready to make tough decisions when needed
- Comfortable being both a team player and a leader while contributing to a variety of projects
- Driven by a desire to help others
- Experience with e-commerce and/or retail businesses
- A degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related field
- AWS experience
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!