Posting Date Aug 22, 2019
Job Number 19113351
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location StarLab, 417 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This Senior Director, Acquisition & PromotionalMarketing is a key member of the Global Loyalty Marketing leadership team. This position is accountable for managing broadglobal promotions and targeted promotional campaigns - from finding the rightmembers to acquire to growing the share of and retaining existing members. This individual and direct reports areresponsible for the entire marketing process – from campaign strategy to marketingplan development and execution. Initiativesdriven from this deep subject matter expert involve innovation, strategic datasegmentation, and campaign offer and creative testing. All of this drives tremendous value forLoyalty, as the position is accountable for helping deliver new membersannually and marketing campaigns that deliver significant incremental revenuereturn.
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in froman accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or relatedmajor and 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstratingprogressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in ofrelevant professional experience in marketing or related function,demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Oversees the creation of targeted segmentationmarketing plans, including business rules and marketing assets to increaseshare of wallet, minimize attrition and maximize incremental revenue.
- Oversees campaign and segment optimization,managing budgets and campaigns to achieve Loyalty KPIs.
- Manages thedevelopment of all marketing assets and ensures personalization of marketing toindividual members.
- Develops strategies and initiatives for keysegments (MBAs, new consultants, Sales accounts)
- Provides business prioritization for Most ValuablePromotion (MVP) and develops assets and offers.
- Continuously advances modeling and machinelearnings capabilities in partnership with CX to improve results and return.
- Manages a $100M+ promotional budget across theglobal promotions plan.
- Develops the overall strategy and structure and foreach promotion.
- Creates a comprehensive, omni-channel marketingplan for each promotion – including an aggressive test and learn agenda(creative, segmentation, channel expansion, technology expansion).
- Responsible for the design and execution of allpromotion related marketing assets.
- Works with CX, Finance and Loyalty PerformanceManagement to develop and maintain performance scorecards and reports tomonitor performance for both Lifecycle and Global promotions.
- Accountable for driving and supporting new memberacquisition activities.
- Manages in-hotel enrollment incentive structure,budget, theme and communications.
Managing Responsibilities withStakeholders
- Developsand maintains effective relationships with both internal and externalstakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committedto organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updatesstakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns,and solicits feedback. Engagesleadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assistsdirect reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships asbusiness partnerships.
Leading and Managing Teams
- Hires,develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact onthe organization.
- Createsa team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, andinnovation.
- Setsclear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using theperformance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuouslyimproves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilitiesare in place.
- Buildsteams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation andperformance. Identifies talents of direct reports, and assists with theirgrowth and development plans.
- Facilitatesregular, ongoing communication in department.
- Shows an understanding of the needs of differentcustomer/stakeholder segments and develops appropriate service strategies.
- Creates a service‐oriented environment and empowers others to build strong customer/stakeholderrelationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder feedback and metricsto improve service delivery.
- Uses appropriate risk management resources whenserious customer/stakeholder situations occur.
- Creates and coaches others on promoting anenvironment where everyone is valued and included.
- Champions the Company culture of service,opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Ensures processes are in place to address concernsrelated to equity and fair treatment.
- Brings together people with diverse backgrounds todrive innovation and engagement.
- Establishes diverse partnerships across theindustry, profession, and Company.
- Champions the attraction, development, andretention of a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Ensures that all associates have the opportunity toachieve their full potential.
- Implements programs that promote inclusion andengagement.
- Ensures strategies are in place to promoteinclusion, enhance engagement, and maximize business results.
- Builds strong working relationships acrossdepartments or teams.
- Models and coaches others on creating an open,trusting, and supportive work environment.
- Coaches others on how their behavior impactscoworkers and the work environment.
- Coaches direct reports to work together to setexpectations for achieving shared goals.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Creates and holds direct reports accountable forbuilding an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Sets and models expectations for required behavior,knowledge, and skill levels.
- Provides ongoing feedback and customized coachingto others.
- Develops others by identifying needs and settingappropriate department, team, and individual goals.
- Conducts talent reviews across the business anddevelops succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Networks with high potential leaders and coachesothers on targeted recruitment efforts.
- Uses available recruiting and hiring tools, bringstogether hiring teams, and makes hiring decisions.
- Supports successful on‐boarding of new hires.
- Continuously improves department, program, team,and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Puts systems and processes in place to managedepartment and program performance.
- Brings together the appropriate talent levels andmix of skill sets to drive innovation and performance.
- Establishes and ensures understanding of the scopeof decision-making authority for team members.
- Models and holds direct reports accountable forusing meetings and other forums to regularly communicate.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Actively listens and uses appropriate communicationstyles to deliver information in an articulate, understandable, and engagingway.
- Influences others to accept a point of view, gainconsensus, or take action.
- Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
- Models and coaches others on displaying aleadership style that conveys confidence and gains respect from others.
Leading Through Vision and Values
- Models, coaches, and holds others accountable forleading ethically and with a high degree of integrity.
- Promotes a convincing and inspiring vision for thedirection of the Company, brand, and team.
- Models and holds departments and project teamsaccountable for developing and implementing programs that reflect the Company’score values.
- Presents the need for change in a positive way thatencourages commitment and action.
- Encourages others to identify ways to implementdesired changes.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm andfocused during stressful situations.
- Models flexibility and adjusts others’ and ownpriorities when managing multiple demands.
- Manages stakeholder expectations during change.
- Develops strategies and provides resources to implementchange.
- Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel whenchange occurs.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Models and sets expectations for offeringsuggestions and solving complex problems.
- Uses data from different sources to evaluatealternatives, consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
- Involves key stakeholders to gain agreement andsupport before making high impact decisions.
- Makes key decisions and guides others to implementsolutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company,brand, discipline, and program strategies.
- Uses data to thoroughly evaluate opportunities andfocuses on those with the greatest potential business impact.
- Adapts global Company and brand strategies intoplans that can be implemented within the business to maximizecustomer/stakeholder satisfaction and profitability.
- Uses data to build program strategies and make thebusiness case for stakeholder commitment.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Uses an understanding of market dynamics and thebusiness environment to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors industry and market changes and adjustspriorities as needed.
- Sets department or team standards and uses keybusiness metrics to evaluate performance.
- Models and coaches others on making businessdecisions based on data from a variety of sources.
- Evaluates profit and loss statements, developsoperating budgets, and conducts forecasting.
- Demonstrates sound business judgment in addressingresource needs and improving efficiencies while balancing associate,customer/stakeholder, and financial results.
- Creates an environment where learning is valued andencouraged.
- Models and sets expectations for others to evaluateown and others’ strengths and developmental needs.
- Secures resources and creates opportunities forself and others to improve performance through stretch assignments and otherprofessional development activities.
- Models and coaches others on staying current onindustry and discipline trends and holds others accountable for using relevantbest practices.
- Establishes training requirements for the team andholds others accountable for meeting training goals.
- Models and holds others accountable for stayingcurrent in area of expertise.
- Shows a strong understanding of the operatingprinciples, resource needs, terminology, and interdependence of all relevantfunctions to support successful discipline operations.
- Promotes the development of partnerships acrossteams to solve complex issues and improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with contractual, legal and regulatoryrequirements.
Building a Successful Team
- Coordinates with other departments and teams andhelps clarify the responsibilities of each group.
- Communicates clear expectations about howdepartments, teams, and individuals contribute to success.
- Considers associates’ strengths and team dynamicswhen assigning work.
- Coaches and holds others accountable forestablishing team‐buildingstrategies and encouraging cooperation.
- Involves team members in making decisions thatimpact the team.
- Recognizes achievements that support department andteam success.
Driving for Results
- Reinforces a team environment that encouragesaccountability, high standards, innovation, and strong business performance.
- Works with others to establish shared andindividual goals.
- Monitors department, team, and individualperformance.
- Makes sure associates are clear on expectations,timelines, and budget requirements.
- Identifies and focuses on business opportunitiesthat have the highest value for the Company.
- Helps others understand work requirements byexplaining why the work is important and by breaking down projects intomanageable tasks.
- Analyzes department, team, and individual workloadto prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately.
- Identifies and obtains the equipment, materials,personnel, and other resources teams need to accomplish their work.
- Establishes and coaches others on processes formonitoring work quality and project milestones.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.