Our client is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent to manage and direct all aspects of a project from beginning to end. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership qualities that allow him or her to take control of a project and produce the results. The superintendent will also be responsible for allocating and monitoring budgets.
This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure. Experience with mixed-use construction required.Essential Duties
- Coordinate scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, inspectors and vendors to complete each project on time
- Drive cost-effective project management techniques and strategies in the field.
- Meet with building owners and tenants to discuss build-out specifications and improvements.
- Create estimates for build-out projects, including labor, supplies, materials and other ancillary costs.
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities.
- Implement safety and quality guidelines; ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts, organizing meetings and cooperating with team members in various roles as necessary.
- 8+ years' experience as a Project Superintendent in the construction industry.
- 2+ years' experience in build-out construction preferred.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and associated software.
- CAD experience a plus.
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.