- Posted :00:00
- Full time
The Team: S&P Global Ratings is seeking an experienced analyst Associate – Quantitative Analytics to join its Structured Finance practice, which provides credit ratings and opinions for securitizations backed by that span a broadwide varietyswath of consumer and commercial assetscredits as an Associate on the Modeling and Analytics team. The Associate will would be an integral member part of the Modeling & Analytics the team embedded in the practice is responsible for cash flow quantitative modeling and structural analyticssis and have some client-facing in support of credit rating activities.
The Impact: This role blends quantitative modeling, client-facing interaction and project management. The Associate will produce quantitative analytics for focus on more complex asset classes securitizations such as aircraft leases, residential mortgages, and student loans by . The Associate will review documents, assess the credit profile of collateral pools, building financial models, and conducting cash flow analyses to determine the credit rating impact ofstress test the structures and enhancement levels under various economic scenarios. The Associate will also participate actively in credit rating committees and communicateinteract with bankers, issuers and investors on analytical matters. Furthermore the Associate will play an important role in improving our analytical tools and streamlining our processes by drawing on programming and data science skills.
What’s in it for you: Structured finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy, including transportationthe automotive industry, higher education and real estate. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving.
- Create financial models for various types of ABS, RMBS, and Esoteric Assets transactions securitizations in the US, Canada, and Latin America. Perform cash flow analysis, and synthesize results and present findings to in a timely manner for rating committees.
- Analyze cash flow characteristics of collateral pools. Review third-party model output and reconcile with cash flow results from internal models.
- Conduct detailed reviews of legal and operating documents to ensure compliance with criteria and identify issues with the transaction structure. Provide comments to external parties.
- Actively manage relationships with issuers, intermediaries and investors. Effectively communicate S&P’s methodologies and procedures. Participate in client meetings.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and cash flow analysis by helping to resolve clients’ analytical questions.
- Leverage quantitative skillset Work on special projects such as building data analytics capabilities across Structured Finance, utilizing lean management principles to optimize processes, and developing next-generation analytical tools as directed by the analytical team manager.
What We’re Looking For:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 2+ years of full-timerelevant work experience in capital markets, quantitative finance, or credit analysis/research.
- Strong proficiency with Excel & VBA, financial models and financial data.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and their relationship to S&P Global products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to explain quantitative/technical concepts to others. are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve non-routine problems with ingenuity in a timely and insightful manner.
- Project management skills; Aability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team.
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. C++, MATLAB, Python, R or VBA) is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with data analysis. Knowledge of SQL and experience in databases such as Oracle, Sybase, or Access would be helpful.