The Logistics Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day performance and strategic direction of all inbound and outbound transportation and the warehouse facility. This person will develop and maintain the distribution and transportation process, negotiate rates and services for inbound and outbound transport, and evaluate efficiency solutions in the warehouse location. The Logistics Analyst serves as the liaison between the carriers, manufacturing partner, distributors, and regional warehouses.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with freight forwarders, carriers, warehouses and logistics providers
- Coordinate booking of cargo for transportation with steamships, truckers, and airlines
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to ensure proper movement and delivery
- Receive, review and process ocean import documentation from overseas agents/customers
- Handle bookings from oversees agents and coordinate the move to destination
- Update shipment status, issue arrival notice and obtain entry documents for customs entries
- Communicate with customs brokers to confirm customs release status
- Respond in a timely manner to customer requests on shipment status by phone or email
- Collaborate with internal and external logistics partners to ensure customer requirements are met
- Track and strive for constant improvement in service and freight spend
- Generate periodic reports and analysis of sales and operations performance
- Perform any other related tasks as required or assigned by your supervisor or manager
- Are a dynamic, motivated and high energy individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to foster relationships with everyone in the team
- Have excellent analytical aptitude, organizational and follow through skills
- Have experience with NetSuite or similar ERP systems is a plus
- Have 2+ years of related experience in logistics, transportation industry
- Are proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Excel
Sometimes, it’s the little things:
- Amazing view from the 21st floor. Great for Instagram!
- Free snacks, tea, coffee, seltzer
- Weekly on-site yoga
- A ping-pong and pool table, if you’re into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, and some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.