Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of Air Export Department Supervisor and upper management, Air & Ocean Export Agent is responsible to promote our Air-Ocean Export & comprehensive logistics service and coordinating activities of air, ocean, export outbound freight shipments.
- Work in the warehouse handling various freight to be exported.
- Responsible for repacking of the freight
- Load, unload, label, prepare, manifest, and inventory various customer containers and/or freight.
- Notify supervisor of any damage, irregularities and safety concern and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Export Data Entry by using Nissin’s system.
- Follow up with customers by pro-actively informing the status of their shipments, answering questions and referring clients to the supervisor when questions are more technical.
- Negotiates with customers to resolve problems and trouble shoot in order to arrive at mutual agreements.
- Plans and direct flow of air, ocean, and surface traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Send air and ocean quotations to customers, and foreign countries
- Contact established and potential customers to introduce Nissin’s export services and arrange shipments.
- Supports outside sales team
- Promote sales to build account base and increase revenue. Seek out and explore all revenue opportunities to increase profit margins while keeping costs under strict control.
- Maintains and updates customer database by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Monitor and provide necessary instruction for parties engaged in receiving and shipping freight, documentation, way billing, assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Resolves customer problems and informs supervisor of the resolutions
- Update export regulations constantly and share all necessary information with all other employees.
- Comply with customer requirements and all state and federal safety and compliance regulations.
- Arrange and take care of freight attendance at ports for export and other special projects.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- May perform other department members duties during their breaks, lunch, or as designated by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Min. AA degree, college degree preferred
- Strong Customer Services skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Basic skills in MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment
- English & Japanese or English & Chinese bilingual is preferable