The Plumbing Service Manager leads staff members who install, repair and maintain plumbing in both residential and commercial buildings. This manager routinely works directly with service and install technicians, dispatch personnel and other managers to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting departmental goals and objectives. Presenting himself as a senior company representative, the Plumbing Service Manager often communicates directly with customers, vendors and suppliers to ensure accurate communication of job or project status and requirements.
The Plumbing Service Manager directs daily operations of the Plumbing Service Department by successfully performing the following tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Schedules, directs and provides technical support for technicians to meet service demands and customers’ expectations
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements
- Supervises and directs the technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, installation, start-up, operation, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Reviews technicians’ work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity
- Responsible for technicians’ performance appraisals, reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements
- Establishes and maintains a regular training program to ensure that technicians are properly trained on latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions
- Conducts group and one-on-one meetings with technicians as required for training, evaluation and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency and training requirements
- Communicates daily with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used
- Maintains communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the HVAC Service Department
- Develops and monitors budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability
- Reviews work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure timely cash flow and maintain minimal account receivables
- Specifies and makes sure that required parts are ordered in timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met
- Ensures that all company/department policies are being followed by all technicians
- Oversees assigned service vehicles, monitors vehicles to ensure they are being maintained and operated as required and used according to company policy
- Monitors service vehicles to ensure they are in an acceptable condition to allow technicians to efficiently work out of the vehicle, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained
- Keeps current with latest training on current products, coordinates technician training and maintains training records to ensure personnel maintain proficiency in preventive maintenance, start-up, trouble-shooting, and repair of supported equipment
- Generate sales leads; and promotes and develops maintenance/service agreements; estimates and generates bids for contract projects/work
- Manages larger installation, start-up and commissioning projects; coordinates and directs a team of technicians and/or installing contractors; performs prestart-up inspections and completes turnover of equipment to owner
- Work with other departmental managers to meet company and departmental goals and objectives
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
The Plumbing Service Manager should possess the following skills, characteristics and abilities:
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Five years Plumbing Management related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some post-high school education from college, trade school or military
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Plumbing trades
- Has the ability to read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals, schematics and control circuits related to Plumbing systems
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and an ability to use resources at hand to find solutions
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Good computer skills: knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and general software navigation
- Possess a strong personal desire for improvement; and the desire to motivate technicians to be better tomorrow than they are today
- Have a clean, neat and professional appearance; a top performer who can instill pride of workmanship in himself and in others
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and background
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays as/if required
1. Salary plus performance pay.
2. Sign-on bonus.
3. 100% paid health insurance.
4. Company vehicle.
5. 10 paid holiday/vacation days per year.
6. Monthly, & annual performance bonuses.
7. Company sponsored training and continuing education courses.
8. Company phone & iPad.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.Company Description
Plumbing Today Inc is an outstanding Plumbing & Drain cleaning service company. We are looking for an outstanding plumbing Tech or current Service Manager to spearhead our company's growth. This is an excellent opportunity to fast track your career in the service industry and comes with major perks and responsibilities. This position requires someone with the knowledge and skill to successfully grow with the company.