As a member of the OTL team, the Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent in daily administrative management and documentation of the construction project. Responsibilities include reviewing and tracking submittals, creating and maintaining project logs, managing the procurement of materials, updating design documents, as well as organizing and distributing project closeout documents. We are looking for employee’s that have excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills You will need the ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and prioritize workload accordingly to see projects through to completion
- Receive, organize and distribute project information (sketches, drawings, specifications, submittals, shop drawings, cut sheets, reports, letters, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner to Project Team
- Owns material procurement process and tracks the accuracy of project estimates.
- Ensure that assigned materials and equipment are released for fabrication inadequate lead time to accommodate the required job site delivery date, designated by the Superintendent and/or Project Manager
- Ability to develop a bid package.
- Assist estimating projects including taking off, subcontractor requests for proposals, scope sheets, procurement scheduling
- Proactively assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality, and financial goals
- Keeps track of all submittals and follows the set procedures to ensure the project keeps on schedule.
- Distribute approved submittals to pertinent subcontractors
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes as directed by the Project Manager
- Accurately manage drawings, subcontractor documents, invoices, and any other on-site construction documentation.
- Reconcile invoice issues assist in the billing process to assemble monthly requisitions
- Ability to read and understand drawings, project specifications, cost analyses, and scope of work.
- Accurately summarize project details and any necessary changes.
- Implements proper Change Order procedures and estimate costs of any changes.
- Handles any RFI requests in a timely manner with the appropriate team members.
- Tracks, maintains and develops all necessary close-out documents to assist the Project Manager.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and Subcontractor Agreements
- Candidates should have a degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or experience equivalent to a four-year degree
- Possess a strong knowledge base in all divisions of construction management and the ability to follow the procedures set forth in each division.
- Creative problem solving and excellent communication skills
- Thorough understanding of plans and specifications
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Bluebeam/PDF, spreadsheets, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based scheduling software. Experience with Procore is beneficial.
- OSHA 10 and OHSA 4 Hour Certifications are a plus
Benefits Received after a 90 Day Probation Period