Brand: Estée Lauder Companies
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 1821111
The Global ED, HRBP for Finance will play a critical role in implementing the HR strategic needs and priorities on all aspects of HR. The ED, HRBP will be the lead HR partner with full accountability for Global deployment of HR strategy. The incumbent will partner with the SVP, Global Human Resources to provide HR strategic support and execution for Finance. The incumbent will be responsible for leading a team and will work closely with corporate HR, COE's, and Regional HRBPs to coordinate the execution of HR strategies.
The Executive Director, HRBP will act as a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to work closely with the Senior Management team for Finance. Responsibilities include:
• Play a leadership role in establishing the formation of a high performing HR team that will be dedicated to the US Affiliate shaping the roles, structure and alignment to the business.
• Oversee and drive the delivery and execution of HR programs and services consistently across the branded and regional teams based on a deep understanding of the NA Region’s business strategy, environment, and the people management implications.
• Proactively validate issues for action; participate in and influence the development of solutions within the business.
• Be connected to the organization to monitor and assess the level of HR impact, influence and partnership within the organization and work with key HR partners to ensure that there is alignment on delivery of quality HR services and outstanding performance of the HR organization.
• Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives.
Talent Management and Organization Effectiveness:
• Leveraging ELC HR strategies and practices, analyze and pro-actively define talent needs, attract great talent targeting key capabilities and build retention strategies.
• Drive talent planning for the Affiliate (office) and have a clear picture of current capability and inventory of viable talent.
• Build relationships with key internal and external talent to engage the bench for key leadership roles.
• Collaborate with business leaders on organizational effectiveness across people, processes and technology to enable the delivery of strategic goals and to optimize efficiencies and effectiveness and be a champion of change in supporting organizational evolution.
• Incorporate a people development mindset into the leadership philosophy of the brand and lead the execution of actions plans to engage and develop talent.
• Maximize team performance through coaching leaders to enable them to provide feedback and development to their teams.
• Provide timely, effective and direct coaching and development to own team to develop world class HR capability within the organization.
• Provide strategic coaching to key employees as related to succession planning, career path development, and performance management.
Culture Development and Team Engagement:
• Partner with business leaders to evolve and embed the organizational culture driven by the Regional President and develop and lead change plans that engage leaders and employees.
• Foster a culture that recognizes and celebrates our talent.
• Engage and influence senior business managers and provide strategic advice on people issues and HR needs.
Behavioral / Profile Characteristics
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of senior level human resources business experience, with at least five years of direct partnership with a business to drive measurable results.
• Demonstrated strong business acumen, operational skills, and successful partnership with all components of the HR service delivery model and line operations
• High degree of learning agility
• Excellent communication, collaboration, influencing, project management, organizational, and change agent skills.
• Demonstrated ability to drive the HR strategic agenda using knowledge of the organization and its employees.
• Credible HR and business leader in the organization who can distill information to the senior team and other relevant business partners.
• Strong grasp of details and the ability to anticipate issues before they materialize.
• Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity, and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce.
• Possesses an action-oriented management style. Plans and implements projects and makes decisions with a sense of urgency.
• Deep generalist and HR business partner experience is critical for success, with exposure to all core functions within the discipline and with increasing scope. Significant transformation and change management work is required.
• Skilled in navigating highly complex, matrixed organizations
The High-Touch Leadership Competencies provide the framework to build and grow the skills, knowledge, and behaviors in each employee to lead from every chair. Everyone is expected to lead in every position. All of the High-Touch Leadership Competencies are important to success. However, in each position there are three competencies that are imperative for job success.
- Thinks Strategically: Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate
and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and
management systems are required.
- Aligns and Engages the Team in the Vision: Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving
the vision, strategy, and goals.
- Develops Talent and Capabilities: Identifies and cultivates essential skills and attributes to maximize
individual contribution and engagement.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion
of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Demonstrates Learning Agility: Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly
mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
Minimum Education level: Bachelor's degree / Master’s preferred
Minimum Years of Experience: 10+ Years
% Travel Time: 15-20%
Required Language Proficiency: English
Licenses or Certifications: PHR, SPHR preferred
Additional Job Specifications (e.g., physical demands, working conditions, equipment/machinery, specific skills, etc.):
Flexible management style; able to quickly respond to changes in a fast changing growing environment and reassess goals accordingly. Able to translate strategic HR policies into day-to-day business activities. Experience in implementing major organizational changes and new strategic orientations.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.