Location: New York
A New York City based Special Events firm seeks an experienced Director of Event Design & Operations. Candidate must have strong design skills computer design graphics coupled with a keen sense of space layout and good judgement and taste. The position requires a person with strong events computing work including graphic design ability. A good business sense in all areas for a small company. These include sales ability, negotiation skills, operations and team leadership. Resourcefulness is key to this job along with the ability to be responsive to clients and have a fast reaction to change. The candidate must have a cooperative attitude with the strength to deal with partner vendors to achieve the clients’ goals and ability to work productively with sophisticated clients. A professional appearance for client contact is also essential. This is an immediate full-time position.
A MINIMUM OF THREE (3) YEARS' EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Very strong sense of design and design trends
• Ability to translate client’s goals to an event’s design
• Strong sense of leadership
• Proven strength with graphic design skills as they relate to events.
• Design Software knowledge
• Additional computer requirements: Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite
• Enthusiastic team player with upbeat attitude
• Ability to work creatively and effectively with vendors and colleagues
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
• Strong budget management skills and the ability to work within a budget
Salary commensurate with skills and experience and competitive.
Minimum of three years’ experience in design and event management.
A small firm based in NYC specializing in high-end corporate special event design and productions. An emphasis on a creative approach to clients’ objectives, while addressing a variety of community needs has been a trademark of our work. Our company expanded with the opening of a Toronto office which resulted in the creation of one of the most successful event companies in Canada. Operating out of New York and Toronto, our company has enjoyed the ability to expand our services to new clients globally. Be enthusiastic, cheerful, helpful, open minded and a hard-working person who enjoys people and life.