Responsible for providing mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, HVAC, on plant equipment and general maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
· Ensure operation of company equipment including electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, control devices, HVAC, for building and equipment.
· Must be familiar with powerhouse equipment such as steam boilers, air compressors, and chilled water systems.
· Able to perform all emergency routine repairs and scheduled inspections of plant equipment. This is to include the proper cleaning and sanitation of all processing equipment, following the guidelines and procedures.
· Must possess and exhibit good verbal communication skills to communicate with all departments and coworkers to alert management of problems or needs to ensure proper continuous operations.
· Must understand and follow all plant policies regarding safety/emergency, lock out/tag out, confined spaces, hot work orders, maintenance, sanitation and current procedures designed for the department.
· Adherence to all quality systems & safety procedures including, Environmental regulations, OSHA, and PSM procedures in everyday work routine.
· Operate a forklift in a safe manner.
· Must possess organizational and computer skills to follow routine maintenance schedules on all equipment.
This position operates in a production/plant environment 100 percent of the time. Exposure to hazardous materials training is a requirement. Proper clothing is also required. Forklift training and license are required and provided. Must wear safety clothing, safety glasses, and respirator when required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a high school or equivalent education.
· A minimum of five year’s previous industrial maintenance experience. Work experience must be on production equipment-- electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, instrumentation and controls, HVAC, and general maintenance experience.
· Knowledge of applicable electrical codes desired.
· The ability to work independently, strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
· The Maintenance Mechanic must have the ability to work at heights and also in confined spaces.
· Pass a criminal background check and drug screening.Company Description
Wilmington PharmaTech is a rapidly growing CRO/CMO serving the pharmaceutical industry.