Gillmann Services Portsmouth, VA is currently accepting local and non local applications for qualified Shipfitters. Applicants must have the following:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
- Ability to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
- Ability to read and interpret structural drawings (including weld symbols), sketches, specifications, and NavSea standard items and Navy damage control diagrams.
- Experience fabricating templates, squaring plates, scribing in structures, and installing perpendiculars on ships in accordance with drawings, specifications, or sketches.
- Experience using oxy-acetylene torch for cutting and washing. \
- Welding experience: SMAW (S-11A) (fillet) FCAW (S-1) (fillet) GMAW (S-25) (fillet)
Additional Experience Required
- Experience using hand and power tools safely including but not limited to mauls, grinders, circular and reciprocating saws, and hand and magnetic drill.
- Understand the proper use and operation of structural shop fabrication equipment, including shears, punches, and brakes
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
- Possess a working knowledge of, and be able to take measurements using the metric system.
To apply you can submit an application , give the office a or visit our office.Company Description
Gillmann Services is a skilled labor staffing company that specializes in providing qualified skilled trades employees to commercial, industrial, mining, manufacturing, and marine construction companies. We are dedicated to supplying quality craftsmen to help our customers complete their projects in a timely and cost-effective manner. “We Work for You” is our motto as well as our pledge to every client and employee.