Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: AmeriQual Aseptic – Troy, NC
Reports to: Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Now is your chance to join a fast growing organization where WHAT YOU DO MATTERS! AmeriQual Group is a shelf-stable food manufacturing company with locations in Indiana, Georgia, and North Carolina. AmeriQual is opening a new location in Troy, North Carolina called AmeriQual Aseptic! AQ Aseptic will specialize in aseptic food processing and packaging for shelf-stable food products using state of the art Tetra Pak technology and automation in a clean and temperature controlled environment.
This position acts as a team leader, guiding team members through the problem solving process. Higher level troubleshooting and problem solving on intricate food packaging systems will be a regular occurrence.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining Tetra Pak aseptic packaging equipment including periodic rebuilds
- Interpreting blueprints, schematics, and technical drawings
- Supervising installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment and systems
- Developing proper preventative maintenance procedures to ensure equipment functions according to specification
- Complying with all safety and environmental regulations
- Troubleshooting of technically complex control systems and subsystems throughout the facility
- Communicate production issues with all levels of operations management
- Closely monitor ever-changing production schedule to plan projects and repairs requiring machine downtime to coincide with production scheduling demands
- Experience with Tetra Pak (or related technology like SIG Combibloc) strongly preferred
- 4-year degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, mechatronics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in controls/mechanical engineering in manufacturing setting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Allen Bradley control systems, drives and servomotors
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and AutoCAD
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and anticipate changing project needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Team mentality with the ability to multitask and prioritize
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position will also frequent the production floor, so operating in standard seasonal warehouse and food processing plant temperature conditions will be required. Lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing/pulling/moving objects, and using specialized tools, equipment, and machines is required. Duties include intricate repairs, which will require working in, on, and around complex machinery and packaging systems, requiring a high level of manual dexterity. Work is completed in a facility where nuts, fruits and other allergens are present.
AmeriQual Group, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and/or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Company Description
AmeriQual Aseptic in Troy, NC